Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Follow Up Arrow Availability/Ease? >

Follow Up Arrow Availability/Ease?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Follow Up Arrow Availability/Ease?

Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Follow Up Arrow Availability/Ease?

Hey guys, question for everyone. Does anyone here keep a follow up arrow handy, not in their quiver, for quick removal for a second shot if one presented itself? If not, would this be something that someone would be interested in?

I created a simple gear hanging system, directed mostly for hunters who hunt from climbing stands. I know I have so many of those darn screw in bow holders in trees than I can count. But when hunting new trees, especially in colder weather, I found it to be a pain to screw them in. My creation is so simple, portable, light, can be set in seconds and hold multiple items from 0-20lbs+. Perfect for hanging gear, bows and packs on something other than arm rests. Anyway, I shoot with my quiver off and plan on hanging it on my system. I'm getting ready to apply for a patent and as I was fiddling with what I have, I found a way to have an arrow attached to the stand and can be securely in place (broadhead down) yet be removed with two fingers if one was standing in the stand and needed a follow up shot. Any interest in this? If so, I will have to delay my application and tweak what I have. I never kept an arrow anywhere but my quiver but you never know.
I know most patents etc don't make a penny but I've already used what I made and love it. Two buddies of mine use it as well so i think i'm onto something so of course Im just trying to protect myself.
So anyway, who uses or would use a follow up arrow that is seperate from their quiver? Thanks for any input!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I followed the first arrow this year with 3 more, I use a hip quiver that's hung where I can grab an arrow quick.

Some have given me some crap about putting 4 in as quick as I did, but less than 300 yards away is no mans land for me. The deer never took another step and it was in that direction. The key is to be grabbing for the next as soon as the first is gone, not sitting there watching and hoping it won't go far.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Something like that already exists. Though your idea may be an improvement over this design from Pine Ridge.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE this.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/q1tm...ow-holder.html
Old 01-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
Dang I've never seen this or heard of it. Pretty neat looking. The post before yours is a bit more like what I had in mind but definitely not the same. I was thinking of mine for climbing stands, now that I looked at the other pic, it wouldn't work on a hang on stand without a bunch of modifications. Gave me something to think about, thanks!