Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow season a week and couple days away.[:D] >

bow season a week and couple days away.[:D]

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow season a week and couple days away.[:D]

Old 08-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default bow season a week and couple days away.[:D]

aug 29 is the special day for north dakotans. but that is a special day for new rockford Rocket football cuz its our first game too. this will be my first yr bowhuntin and excited to get out there. any one got some good little tips a newby should know. and i know to take a wiz before i get out in the woods
Old 08-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow season a week and couple days away.[:D]

practice- then practice some more then if ya got time you may take a wiz.[8D] seriously though get out there and have fun dont get all caught up in having to get something on your 1st day. a book i read suggested going to an area that you can see alot of deer before you go hunting so you can kinda get use to things and to cut back on the jitters when you finally see them whitetail on your hunt. my season starts the following week so i will be in the same boat GOOD HUNTIN!
Old 08-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

thnks. thats what i want to do. i wana jus see there paterns and were exactly they go from my stand. its already set up on a main tril but now i wana see when a deer comes threw the trees if i am goina have a good shooting lanes and then do some more trimmin the next day. well good luck to you too.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:40 PM

Patience, don' t rush the shot. Oh yea, and breath. LOL Now go practice some more. Enjoy the day and don' t get disapointed if you miss the first 3 deer you shoot at. Remember the target your practicing on doesn' t move after you release your arrow but sometimes the deer do. If your first shot at the deer goes over it' s back just sit back and smile while you think of these words. Good luck on your first day bow hunting, I wish you only the best. I' ll be out there Sept. 6TH myself.