Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New sight for my new bow,,any thoughts please?? >

New sight for my new bow,,any thoughts please??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New sight for my new bow,,any thoughts please??

Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default New sight for my new bow,,any thoughts please??

I am upgrading my old mathews SQ2 to the new Heli mathews. my
sq2 has a trophy ridge mantis pendulum with multi pins for ground. I love the sight! but with the new Heli I am thinking it will be somewhat faster and was wondering if anyone has any experiance with the Heli yet? Can I set up a 20yrd pin to cover from 0 (with min over shoot) to 30yrds (w/0 havig to jack the pin up alot)???

I was looking at the G5 optix XR sight if only one pin for 0-30yrds or the Impact Archery all terrian camo NI pendulum sight with 2 pins for ground shots....

any Ideas?? thank you!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's just an aiming point, anything will do. If you want more buy more and take off however many pins you don't need.

I have a CJ 5 pin, it only has 1. I like the housing size for hunting, but I don't need more than 1 pin. If I bust that pin I can just put one of the others in it's place.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I really like the Truglo tru-site Xtreme 5 pin sight. I picked mine up at Cablea's for under $60. It comes with a light but using it for a couple years now, the pins are so bright that the light isn't necessary as the pins are still very visible right up to the end of practical shooting light.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Spike

I would check out HHA sights they are fantastic, and easy to use, also look into the CBE Sniper Lineup, those sights are built like a tank.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you guys! I went to the bow shop and picked out my new gear.. wow i know the bows have changed over the years, but to shoot the new mathew's Heli!! very comfortable,FAST!,QT! I went with the G5 xr2 sight. since this bow is tons faster than my old bow ( TEN years old now) they said i could set up first pin at 25yrds to shoot out to 30 w/o much diff/drop. so with the floating pin I can set it at 40 and cover the bases unless i have a farhter shot which case it is easy to adjust the floating pin fast..
Chuck (shop owner) did offer me the HHA sights, and I did see the Tru glo sights as well both looked like great sights and if the G5 does not work out I will try them out for sure!