Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NAP QT 3000 Micro, Buck Magnet and others? >

NAP QT 3000 Micro, Buck Magnet and others?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP QT 3000 Micro, Buck Magnet and others?

Old 08-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP QT 3000 Micro, Buck Magnet and others?

I noticed in Rack' s Drop Zone thread that you are shooting this rest. I' ve ben giving it the hard eye, and have some questions if you don' t mind.

How smooth are the micro adjustments? What kind of arrows/fletch are you shooting? Offset or helical? Do you have any fletch contact issues? Any problems or nit picks I should no about?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-19-2003, 09:21 AM

Default RE: NAP QT 3000 Micro, Buck Magnet and others?

I shot this rest for a bit a few years back - Its on my friends bow now - long term borrow

It is a real nice prong rest. Up and down micro is smooth. windage is not really a micro as you loosen nut and slide the bar - but it is an easy and accurate adjustment. Spring tension is micro and easy. Solid rest.

fletching clearance is all dependent on fletching offset (as with all prongs)- vanes are harder imo than feathers to shoot well of this rest as feathers will tolerate a bit of contact. 2 to 3 deg is max imo with carbons.

My only nitpicks incompass all prongs and not just the NAP - silencers wear out quick and are not that quiet on draw, harder to go aggressive on offset and some may not like its arrow holding ability.

Not much to pick about really.................I think my bud has my best rest
Old 08-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rack, I' ve got a QT1000 Pro that I plan to put GKF extended wear launchers on, their prong design promotes more arrow holding ability over NAP. I' m looking at the 3000 if all goes well when/if I put the 1000 on this year.

Thanks for your input, and sounds like you need to work a swap with your buddy...
Old 08-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

windage is not really a micro as you loosen nut and slide the bar
Huh? Mine has micro adjust windage and elevation. You loosen a set screw at the end and turn the knob to adjust left/right....no sliding bar.

I shoot a left helical and don' t have any clearance issues with vanes or especially feathers as Rack pointed out. I really like my rest and if I break it or wear it out I will most likely buy another QT3000.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:59 AM

The adjustments are very very easy to do, and they really will help you out when it comes time to tune your bow. I actually wrote down the settings on my arrow rest so if something goes wrong, I can put the rest back to those specs and be in the ball-park.

The launchers do wear away, but, it does take some time. I have the same launchers on as when I got the rest, and that was about a year ago. They have had ALOT of shots and are showing a little wear. My friend has had his QT3000 for about three years and he has only replaces the launchers once.

In all that time, neither of us have had any complaints or problems with the rest. That should say something........ huh Rack

I am shooting straight fletch, so fletch contact is NOT an issue. My friend is using 4 degree right helical and he has no fletch contact either. When we were tuning the bows, we checked that thoroughly and there was none.

I have not had any problems with my arrow comming off the rest. My arrows are 29.25" PSE' s and I am shooting these with a 30" draw length. My friend has had the arrows jump off his rest a few times (27.5" Eastons with 28" draw) but that is more due to the way he draws his bow.

Overall, I would say that this is probablly the easiest prong rest on the market to tune, the quality is what you would expect from N.A.P., and this is a tough rest. Definetly worth the money.