Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Just want to say HEY >

Just want to say HEY

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just want to say HEY

Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Spike

Default Just want to say HEY

Hey everyone!

I come from a big hunting family. For some reason or another, hunting just didn't appeal to me growing up. At least sitting in a stand didn't...I was kind of a spazz. I'm 26 years old now, a bit more calm, and for some reason hunting has been on my mind lately. Specifically bowhunting whitetails.

My family uses rifles. I have a strange dislike for rifles, can't explain it. My brother started bowhunting about 7 years ago and I remember really enjoying shooting the compound bow.

My ultimate goal here is to absorb as much knowledge as possible, get a compound bow + everything else I need, and start shooting every weekend to get ready for next season. I'll probably be asking stupid questions so bear with me.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

welcome to forum. i myself prefer bowhunting over rifle hunting even though i do both. here in some parts of Pa its a warzone during rifle season, not very safe even with orange on. bow season is a lot more calm and relaxing. im sure you'll enjoy it!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked. we all had to start somewhere why not here. there are a lot of good people on here so dont be afraid to ask .
Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Spike

Thanks you two. I've already learned a lot. I especially like the Recovery thread sticky. I had no idea about how far a deer could run if spooked.

Hoping to get my bow and start shooting within the month!