Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio hunting and share a little about urself >

Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

Old 08-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

How many ohio hunters do we have here? What game do you hunt and where at?
I am from trumbull county and do most all of my hunting in trumbull but spend a little time in Portage, Harrison and Asthabula. I mostly hunt private property but do hunt public as well. I do a little small game hunting but my concentration is on whitetail. I have only been deer hunting for 5 years this being my sixth coming up. I have harvested some decent bucks but nothing huge yet. I have a few of my deer pictures on my aol profile, but not many, I don' t have a scanner. Check them out and share your own if you would like.

http://hometown.aol.com/deerhunter02...age/index.html
Old 08-16-2003, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

hey buckeye, i live in western n.y. and also hunt astabula co, some nice buck' s
in your area, reason i hunt there is close prox, to the n.y. line, only about a 2 hour drive for me, i have also hunted wayne national forest straight south of you,
alot of pressure there[:@] and also one year were in coshocton co, for the first 2
days of shotgun, wow was there some shooting going on there, there were some big buck' s taken close to us, but overall i would have to avoid that area in the future, besides hunting my own turf this upcoming season, will be in lewis co
k.y. and also astabula co, have some private land there, it should be good for archery
Old 08-16-2003, 12:13 PM

Hello there I' m from northwest Ohio. I mainly hunt Whitetail in Williams county. I' ve been hunting for 9 years.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I' m from around the Mansfield area.Hunt in Ashland and Knox county.Hunt Deer,and small game.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I have to agree with you about coshocton and all of the counties in south central to south eastern part of the state. It gets a little crazy down there in gun season. Word of advice do not go to the early muzzleloader buck only hunt down in salt fork. There are so many people you could hold hands with others from your stand!!!!! Ashtabula is a fine place to hunt deer. If you ever have the chance by all means hunt trumbull and portage counties. You know the " hole in the horn" was from portage. He was found less than 15 minutes from my house. Cool huh?? Good luck to everyone this season!!!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 06:57 PM

Live in Franklin Co. [:' (] But deer hunt in Licking,Perry and Muskingum Counties. One very good farm to hunt in Licking. Perry farms are tough to hunt, hit or miss. Alot of open fields and treelines. I' ll be hunting more on public this year, coal property and Wayne Nat. Tried to get some new private land this year, but struck out. Its gettin tougher than ever to do. I also waterfowl and turkey hunt.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:58 PM

Hello My name is Paul Ruhe J.R. I live in central Ohio and hunt mostly around here. I hunt Clark county and have hunted Pike, Jackson and Scioto counties. I love this sport and I just love to shoot my Fred Bear bow. I' m 26 years old and have only been hunting for around 3 years now. Havn' t killed any deer yet but am looking forward to it. Having a hard time getting land around my area to hunt. Noone really wants anyone to hunt or even bowhunt for that matter at all. And that stinks! I' ve rambled on enough. Happy hunting and good luck to all this coming season. Paul
Old 08-17-2003, 06:21 AM

i knew that portage sounded familure,,, ya that buck is a ledgend[8D], last
evening my wife and i went to the erie co fair in hamburg n.y. , and saw or famous
past world recoord typical roosavelt lucky buck killed about 20 miles from my home, in 1939, net score of 198 3/8" pretty impressive, couldent stop looking at it, i do that every year at the fair, and my wife just stands there looking at me,
like i' m nuts,, good luck this season, i hope you kill one bigger then the hole in the horn
Old 08-17-2003, 09:42 AM

Hi Buckeye....from Trumbull county here also....in Warren. Hunt Grand River quite a bit and Columbiana also in Ohio. I hunt PA too.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

I' m from Noble county,I' ve been after them for the past 25 years.I' ve taken a few good bucks over the years.I' ve been bowhunting for the past 16 years.I hunt private and public,and the gun seasons are crazy around here.I don' t enjoy gun season around here anymore.I' ll stick to bowhunting.

Quick Reply: Ohio hunting and share a little about urself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.