Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

11-10-11 Buck

Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Spike

Default 11-10-11 Buck

Well, even after just having my third child less than a month ago my wonderful Wife was kind enough to let me get out in the woods. The night was awesome I have never witnessed so much rutting activity in one night. I watched/passed on six different bucks and was able to practice some of my calling techniques. After a wonderful sit it was staring to get dark. I had a little fawn come and lay at the base of the tree that I was in so I decided to just watch for a bit. Then before you know it I hear the heavy foot steps of a cruising buck. He presented me with a clean 25yards shot so I let it fly. I watched him mule kick and run off. It happened so fast I was unsure of the size of this buck but new the shot was well placed. He ran maybe 40yards straight toward where my vehicle and crashed only 30 yards from the truck. It was a wonderful night and I must say that although he is by no means my largest he is definitely a trophy to me. I thank God for the experience and for a supporting and loving Wife and Family.
Attached Thumbnails 11-10-11 Buck-buck-11-10-11.jpg  
Old 11-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good job. Congrats on the new baby and the buck. I never worry about size. If its big enough for me, its at trophy in my eyes. And that is a respectable buck anywhere.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with bronko....I too am very fortunate to be married to a wonderful woman who does not complain about my time in the woods...she is very supportive!! She really just wants me out of her way!! HAHA!! The events you experienced this particular evening will be in your memory forever!!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with bronko....I too am very fortunate to be married to a wonderful woman who does not complain about my time in the woods...she is very supportive!! She really just wants me out of her way!! HAHA!! The events you experienced this particular evening will be in your memory forever!!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Way to go. Congrats on the buck, and more so on the new little one.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
Way to go. Congrats on the buck, and more so on the new little one.
When are you posting the buck you shot this year, it was a nice buck. Are we eating some of him next week?