Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
75 Minutes To Hunt >

75 Minutes To Hunt

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

75 Minutes To Hunt

Old 11-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeap, i get off work at 4:30 and i go out hunting, gets dark at 6:20. No matter what i'd go in the woods, Either way, if you go hunting you have a "chance" and if you stay home, you obviously Don't have a chance.. Might as well try it!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Spike

Yep - Just get out there.

PAY ATTENTION on the way in. You may have an opportunity to do a stalk. My first deer and my best buck were both opportunity stalks.

If you think the heart gets pumpin from a blind or tree stand, try a ground stalk.

Here's to a successful 2011.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jtl60047
Yep - Just get out there.

PAY ATTENTION on the way in. You may have an opportunity to do a stalk. My first deer and my best buck were both opportunity stalks.

If you think the heart gets pumpin from a blind or tree stand, try a ground stalk.

Here's to a successful 2011.
I don't like being in a blind personally,when I'm not up in a tree I'm tucked into a natural blind provided by nature or brush piles left by tree clearing crews. The stalking is a skill I need to develope more.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Spike

I did not have a mentor or coach when I began bow hunting for whitetails. It has been all trial and error - my folks still do not understand my need/desire to bowhunt.

One thing that I have learned - deer are curious. I once spent over 20 minutes messing with a doe at ground level. I wear an ASAT leafy oversuit - and was on all fours trying to get close to a group of does.

One doe decided to "investigate" me and came within 10'. She snorted and stomped right at my head - I would not show my face - would look through the mesh of my hood.

I stayed still for a good bit and they decided that I was harmless (ha). I slowly rose to my knees and picked out a nice fat doe - sighted the pins and released.

She went about 15 yards and dropped. It was a very instructive hunt.

I have only been bow hunting for 12 years and I have found a group of does to be the most difficult to take. I am a meat hunter and boy are they tasty!

But I'll not turn down a nice buck that decides to follow a group of does through my killzone.