Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

witch bow?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default witch bow?

i'm wanting a new bow i have a 2007 or 2008 whenever they first came out with them pearson tx4 i have been wanting a maxxis 31 carbon element or a pse xforce can anyone tell me anything about these bows or any other bows that you would recommend to look at i am wanting a bow with a little more power speed behind it and something thats a little newer.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pearsontx4 View Post
i'm wanting a new bow i have a 2007 or 2008 whenever they first came out with them pearson tx4 i have been wanting a maxxis 31 carbon element or a pse xforce can anyone tell me anything about these bows or any other bows that you would recommend to look at i am wanting a bow with a little more power speed behind it and something thats a little newer.

If it were me I would look at Elite Archery. Main reason being is the warranty. Elite bows have a lifetime warranty. It does not matter if you buy it used, new off the internet, or from a dealer.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Pearson, the Maxxis series is different from the Carbon series bows for Hoyt. There's a Carbon Element RKT and Carbon Matrix RKT for 2012. Maxxis is a great bow though, hell anything that's a Hoyt (IMO) is a good bow.

Actually, just this week Hoyt released their 2012 line...may want to check it out. Vector is a new model available this year too.

I just bought a CRX 32 this year. Pretty awesome bow! I know my local bow shop knocked down some prices a few weeks ago, anticipating newer inventory. You may be able to get a Maxxis pretty reasonably.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

try both and see whats best. hoyt has always been the best in my opinion but the xforce is one i havent shot yet but i hear its one of the fastest on the market at 340 fps

Last edited by deerhunter518; 10-22-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: misspelling