Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
maaan am i busted? >

maaan am i busted?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

maaan am i busted?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default maaan am i busted?

today i had a perfect wind to hunt this hedge row. they like to run so i sat down and bout 2 hours later a lil 6 point comes out and mills around at 40. then i saw this cow of a 10 point 250 plus pounds and huge rack come out so i waited the lil six walked cross the feild to the edge. then when it enterd the other end of the hedge row to walk to another set of the woods the big ten started trotting to were the other deer went. not alarmed no tail just trotting when he hit 35 yards i gave him a BAA to try to stop him. but he just kept going u think the will return to the set of woods i can hunt.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds ok to me. Get back out there and get him so we can see some pictures.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

no that spot is ruined i wouldn't return for at least a week or so. what wind is the best and where did you say this spot was. lol just kidding bud yea your fine he could have just not herd you sometimes they have very selective hearing and tune out everything else.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where did he come from and where's he going and why? I don't think you did any harm in why he was doing what he was doing. Knowing it is a gold mine for years to come and you'd be less likely to cause a change in things.

Sounds like you had a great day!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

he was coming from the thickets and going to another set of woods but he has to travel a 500 yard hedge row
Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

Set up on it again. Then post pics with you and the deer. Sounds like a no brainer to me.