Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage or G5 T3

Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Spike

Default Rage or G5 T3

We recently lost a deer on video due to the Rage 3 blade systems not opening upon impact of the deer. Found ZERO blood and never recorvered the deer. I have researched this problem and found that the foam quivers play issues with the Rage Broadheads and causing them to not deploy. We are also not a fan of the rubber O-ring system. We don't think you need to replace these everytime they are shot. We are switching to the G5 T3 mechanicals as a team. Any thoughts on these?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer spitfires but heard good thigns about the t3s as well. ALso reapers seem to be up there as well.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Tried the T3's on 2 deer this season. Went back to Rage. I was not happy with them at all. First doe we tracked for 1 mile before recovering her. Shot a cull 6 point. Blade did not open properly. Never recovered him. Went back to rage. Shot a 10 point 19 inch inside spread went maybe 75 yards. I have shot I think 20 animals with rages and never had a problem.

-john
Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Brow Tine Productions
We recently lost a deer on video due to the Rage 3 blade systems not opening upon impact of the deer. Found ZERO blood and never recorvered the deer. I have researched this problem and found that the foam quivers play issues with the Rage Broadheads and causing them to not deploy. We are also not a fan of the rubber O-ring system. We don't think you need to replace these everytime they are shot. We are switching to the G5 T3 mechanicals as a team. Any thoughts on these?

I am so sick of these threads.

How could you possibly know the blades didn't open IF YOU DIDN'T FIND THE DEER!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by annika3
How could you possibly know the blades didn't open IF YOU DIDN'T FIND THE DEER!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto to that

Originally Posted by Brow Tine Productions
I have researched this problem and found that the foam quivers play issues with the Rage Broadheads and causing them to not deploy.
It would be helpful for visitors of this thread to have the data that the your research presents for us to support this statement. I would imagine that Rage would like to have this data as well.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

I found a pic of a guy holding up a rage the other day with bent blades from who knows what claiming that it had not opened and you could clearly see that the thing was not in the original position so moved somewhere to look like it did. It looked just like the rage my brother had sent through a doe last year and had opened flawlessly. I guess if it does not look like the picture on the box when they find the arrow they assume that it did not work which is not the case. We to have had zero troubles and have shot 5 animals with them with all of the animals traveling less than 50 yards. But everybody has issues with some products kinda like barnett crossbows and the remington 770. Why do people beat this dead horse so much? They should really add that emoticon.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

if your afraid of a mech failing just use a NAP blood runner. best of both worlds. personally never had a problem with Rages.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

With the nature of both broadheads, I guarantee if they go through a deer they opened. I use g5 tekans and love them. I have used rage and the only thing i didnt like was penetration seemed a little affected. People its the shot you put on the deer that causes them to run 50 yds dumping blood vs run a mile with a few drops. NOT the broadhead.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hoytguy08
With the nature of both broadheads, I guarantee if they go through a deer they opened. I use g5 tekans and love them. I have used rage and the only thing i didnt like was penetration seemed a little affected. People its the shot you put on the deer that causes them to run 50 yds dumping blood vs run a mile with a few drops. NOT the broadhead.

Not always. On the cull buck the broadhead did not function properly. I watched the arrow go though him. I have been bow hunting since 1988. I know what happened.

-john
Old 10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hoytguy08

Totally agree if you hit em in the right spot it dont matter what you use!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.