Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Opening Day Son Tony Sticks A 5 Pointer >

Opening Day Son Tony Sticks A 5 Pointer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Day Son Tony Sticks A 5 Pointer

Old 10-16-2011, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Opening Day Son Tony Sticks A 5 Pointer

Opening day here for bow season was like hunting in a Typhoon.
Rain,wind 35-45mph, cold and raining sideways. What an ugly day. But Lucky was on the side of our son Tony. He stuck this nice 5 pointer. With the wind here yesterday, sitting in or climbing a tree stand was out of the question. So he just sat on the ground. Here what Tony said. "I just got in my spot and because of the strong wind I just sat on the ground. It was about 7:30am and I started to grunting softly on our grunt call. I grunted no more than 10 times and he just appeared out of no where. Like on a TV show but this
wasn't no TV setup. He's looking right at me and I didn't move. He's throwing his nose up trying to smell the deer he just heard but our cover scent worked perfectly. Never smelled me".

Tony went on to say "He walked about 5 steps behind some brush and I drew back. If he steps out I've got a good window to my left. My arm almost started shaking because just sitting on flat ground and waiting for him to step out is not easy to do. He finally steps out and I released my stick...I heard the THUD sound but couldn't see where I hit him. But I knew I hit'em. He didn't run, he just trotted about 15 steps, stopped and was looking around and DOWN HE WENT. He was dead before he hit the ground. Got him on a angle shot, arrow going threw the ribs and angling up towards his heart. I hit him at 25 yards. What a rush".

Old 10-16-2011, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go. Nice pic.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, nice deer!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

That had to be exciting for sure and you did a great job getting a shot at him. Enjoy the moment and the good eats! The young ones are the tender ones.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to son tony.. nice NY deer.