Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Warranty, how strict is Mathews? >

Warranty, how strict is Mathews?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Warranty, how strict is Mathews?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Warranty, how strict is Mathews?

I know the mathews bow warranty is for the original owner and personally, I had to use it for my q2 when one of the limbs delaminated and blew up. They replaced both and it only cost me $30 for labor. Had no trouble at all, though i am the orig owner. If I were to pick up a used switchback or z7, I worry about the warranty and wonder if anyone knows how strict they are about covering things.

Also, besides busted limbs, what else is likely to fail that would require warranty? I'm not even sure what would break that might be covered.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry about the warrenty you most lokly won't need it . you do need to be the original owner to be covered
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

They will ask the shop/dealer if the person wanting warranty work is the original owner and they will verify your name and where you bought it from against their serial number records.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

It depends on how major the fix is, simple things like bushings, that can be replaced in home ( at least from my experience) didn't ask for verification for original ownership, It would be up to your local dealership on some warranty issues.