Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fell out of a tree stand >

Fell out of a tree stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fell out of a tree stand

Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

This in one of those situations where you may not get a second chance to reconsider wearing a harness, I'm glad my API stand came with one and I always wear it hoping I never need it to save my neck,I mean back.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by xGREENx
my problem is i am a college student, so the funding to buy a harness isnt always there. i know i should have one and its irresponsible to not have one but im hoping i can get buy until i graduate and have a steady income. Thanks for the concern though, its nice to see people caring about everyones well being.
Hey partner, when I was in college (2 years ago), I was in the same boat. A good harness is $100+! So one day I was at our local Rural King, and noticed the $40 hang on stand came with a harness. Granted it wasn't top of the line, but it would have saved my life it I needed it too. Just one way I was able to get ahold of a full body harness, and I got a new stand out of it for $40! You may be able to buy one on e-bay too for cheap.

From the age of 13 - 21 I never wore a harness, but for the last 3 years I don't go without it. I guess what they say is true, the older you get, the wiser you become.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Spike

Big game tree stands makes an EZ harness for 34 dollars on Amazon. 2 pounds and quick connects. YOu have to be able to save that kind of money up! Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

I tell my son, if you can afford to bow hunt, you can afford a harness. He can't go on the property without a harness...period.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by xGREENx
im the exact same as you halfbaked, i havent fallen from tree nor come close (knock on wood). Theres always something id rather buy than a harness. ill look at one and say i should get that, but by that time i will already have 200$ worth of things in my hands and i say maybe next time, and than next time rolls around and the same thing happens.
i use to not wear one until a couple of my buddies was telling me about them falling out of a tree stand and now has hip problems. and there was one guy that hunted a few miles from our lodge he was hunting in a lock on about 25 feet up he had the screw in steps going up to it. he fell out and caught his throat on one of those steps and one of his family members found him that night dead.

my first harness was 50 bucks it aint no HSS but its something to keep you from dieing. i finally ordered me the HSS bow hunters one and they are nicer but it does the same thing.

green and halfbaked i have a couple of the big game harness that comes with the stands when you buy them. if i can find them i will give them to you guys if you want them?

Last edited by pearsontx4; 09-15-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some folks will always do it

Fall out of tree stands and hit bridge abutments with a vehicle. Next thing you'll know they'll be selling safety parachutes for hunters, for those high dive freefalls. And don't forget those pink safety helmets for those concussions.
According to statistics, I've been climbing so long, I'm suppose to be dead fifty years ago.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

my dads friend fell 20ft out of a treestand, a broken stump when threw his skull. If his hunting buddy was a trauma doctor he would be dead. he is still recovering and can walk with a walker. everyone should were a harness
Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
Fall out of tree stands and hit bridge abutments with a vehicle. Next thing you'll know they'll be selling safety parachutes for hunters, for those high dive freefalls. And don't forget those pink safety helmets for those concussions.
According to statistics, I've been climbing so long, I'm suppose to be dead fifty years ago.
just takes that one time to mess up.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

xGREENx,halfbakedi420 just went out to the shop found those two saftey harnesses if you want them there yours. i already have a HSS and a extra saftey vest harness so i dont have any use for them. there just laying around collecting dust.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Spike

Pearson, i really appreciate the offer! I actually do not need one now. I talked to one of my buddies and he had an extra one and gave it to me. but thank you anyways!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.