Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
anybody have problems with trail cameras not puttipics on car >

anybody have problems with trail cameras not puttipics on car

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anybody have problems with trail cameras not puttipics on car

Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default anybody have problems with trail cameras not puttipics on car

I ve got 5 trail cameras and am having trouble with 4 of them. For some reason they are not transferring the pics to the sd card. They take pictures but when you go to view the cards....nothing. Im so aggrevated its not funny ive tried 7 different cards 4 of them are brand new. 3 of the cameras are pretty new too. any ideas before i take a ball bat to them?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Spike

What type of cameras are they? I've known the Wildgame innovation cameras to have this issue.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I would contact the makers of the cameras and see what they could do before I took a bat to them. I had a wildgame camera that was close to the end of the warranty period and they exchanged it for another one. At least gie them a try. These trail cameras are great but they still have a way to go to be perfect. They are out in the weather which would cause failures.

CVG Ohio
Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

2 of them are stealth cam and one is a cuddeback
Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

sometimes I have a problem where ill leave it out two weeks and get 29 pictures or something when Im usually getting over 3 or 4 hundred. I think its when the battery gets low it shuits on and off but not sure. Its a stealthcam 46
Old 09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you are using High Quality SD chips as well. I've heard problems with people using some of the cheaper chips and having problems. I use the Sandisk cards in mine and really like the outcome. I think the two biggest problems that can be solved with Cameras is have fresh high quality batteries and to have a very good SD card. Try that and see if you have any luck.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Spike

Try checkin if your camera will take higher GB sd cards, ie. if your camera says it can hold up to 2 gb sd card, don't put a 4 gb sd card in it.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

PRoblem solved! for now at least. I called customer service and spoke to a very pleasant young lady and she had it all figured out., Turns out you can " reset" your camera and all is good again. You just pull batteries out and turn on for 5 minutes then put batteries and card back in again and wala all is fixed. cool huh