Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Opening Day In Kentucky 102 Degrees >

Opening Day In Kentucky 102 Degrees

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening Day In Kentucky 102 Degrees

Old 09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red face Opening Day In Kentucky 102 Degrees

My Kentucky Brothers had a hot day to open their season, 102 for a high yesterday,today a little better. Any Deer taken by anyone so far in all the states which began this weekend? Looking forward to hearing and seeing the fruits of your labors.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Spike

atleast there hunting, my bow season does not open for almost a month
Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
My Kentucky Brothers had a hot day to open their season, 102 for a high yesterday,today a little better. Any Deer taken by anyone so far in all the states which began this weekend? Looking forward to hearing and seeing the fruits of your labors.
Doetrain, since you live so close to KY do you ever hunt there?

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Doetrain, since you live so close to KY do you ever hunt there?

Blessings.......Pastorjim
No I hav'nt because the 190.00 dollar license is one reason, I have very limited time to hunt,only saturdays would be possible in KY. until our season in October. Also because I save my vacation for the Indiana season. I put a lot of time preparing 4 Indiana sights and prefer to hunt familiar ground where I know something of the deer and their movements over here. If I had the money and time I would give Kentucky a try but right now it's just not possible.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I didnt hunt opening day due to the heat but I hunted this moring it was awesome! in the sixties and felt great. Rained a good part of the morning and didnt see nithing but it was great getting out.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Typical Buck

Talk about a weekend from one extreme to the next. Opening day hunted in 100 degree weather, seen 4 just before last light. Sunday rain, rain and more rain stayed home and cought up on sleep. Today my son and I where in the stands hour before daylight cool day with the wind 10 to 15 mph and gust of 20 +. We did not see anything today I guess the wind kept them from moving as much as I thought they might. All well there is next weekend. Good Hunting.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by kyslayer
I didnt hunt opening day due to the heat but I hunted this moring it was awesome! in the sixties and felt great. Rained a good part of the morning and didnt see nithing but it was great getting out.
So glad the weather broke for you guys,I bet it felt real good to knock an arrow and begin to dream of the moment when some meat with or without bones comes into range for that hopefully perfect broadside. Good Hunting!