Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New trend?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think this is a very good thing. I think producers and writers are realizing that not everyone has the chance to harvest monster bucks and seeing them shoot them over and over and over is getting boring. I watched a show not too long ago that actually had a few misses and one or two bad shots. Real hunting situations in real areas and not on game farms. I think its great to see these pros taking more realistic deer, does, and smaller bucks under P&Y.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Spike

All we can say to that is "It's about d@mn time!" right? lol
Old 09-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

definitely has changed. i remember watching some last year all the show were "bucks of tecomate" and they would shoot huge deer. its is a huge difference now. When i really want to watch some realistic hunting i watch my dvd's of drury outdoors dream season 3. like most of us they try and get a nice mature deer, but when the season starts winding down i have seen them settle for small 8's some 6 points even just to fill the freezer. i like it a lot better than watching those high fenced hunting shows were you know everytime they are going to take a huge buck and none of them ever miss. i hope it stays this way.