Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need major help on bow decision >

Need major help on bow decision

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need major help on bow decision

Old 08-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Spike

Default Need major help on bow decision

Need major help on bow decision.

As of right now I have a high country sniper. Bottomline it kills but I feel like it is a little slow. Last year I shot a deer that was thirt-five yards away. The deer reacted to the noice from my release but the time the arrow hit. I got lucky and still managed to get a lunge. I'm in college now and not made of money. There is a bow for sale only $60 dollars with an extra string and cable. Myself or the sller know anything alot about the bow and I figured someone here could help me out to decide whether this bow would be much better, faster than my older bow. Any feedback is appreciated about either bow.

Here is the bow i'm interested in.

Hoyt protec Bow
Whisker Biscuit Rest
70 lb.
31" draw
Single Cam
44" axle to axle
$60 OBO

pictures through this link

http://bemidji.craigslist.org/spo/2567713791.html

Old 08-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Does not seem like a bad set up for the price. I used to shoot a Hoyt havoctec, which came out in about 2003 i think, and that bow was pretty fast. But for $60 does not seem like a deal you can beat. You should try bringing some arrows and a block target with you when you go to look at it and see if he'll let you fling some arrows then you'll know for sure weather or not it's a better bow.