Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting Whitetails from the Ground? >

Bowhunting Whitetails from the Ground?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Whitetails from the Ground?

Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Spike

I have actually never seen this location on the ground but it is described as a 103 acre mixture of sedge meadow, prairie, shrub and open sand forest communities. And you are indeed correct. Bowhunting on IL public land.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nwwaterpolo11
I have actually never seen this location on the ground but it is described as a 103 acre mixture of sedge meadow, prairie, shrub and open sand forest communities. And you are indeed correct. Bowhunting on IL public land.

Open land or not, if guys can hunt antelope and mule deer in the open areas, I don't see how moving cautiously and with the wind in your favor can't work...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Sportmans guide has a 15' ladder stand for 49.99 plus 11 bucks shipping. for under 65 you can have a decent stand for a budget. Higher ground is a must in most archery situations. I couldnt imagine not hutning from a stand down here in FL. It's just too loud and thick to be walking aorund the woods.

I have built small natural ground blinds for hunting out west but always on a hill where I can see beter. Sitting low in a bottom or flat ground your not going to see much from there.

good luck with whatever you decide to do.