Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My new Mathews Jewel and custom painted stabilizer >

My new Mathews Jewel and custom painted stabilizer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My new Mathews Jewel and custom painted stabilizer

Old 08-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default My new Mathews Jewel and custom painted stabilizer

Just got my Jewel on Friday. Ordered it last Thursday and it was expected to take a month for the pink riser, but I got lucky. Someone cancelled an order for their pink Jewel the day I ordered mine, and since their's was already on the schedule to be made that week, mine got made instead. So it only took one week! It's got 55lb limbs and 25" cams...I discovered after two years of shooting that I am, in fact, more comfortable shooting 25" than 26". I am slowly in the process of customizing it...got the green limb dampeners and waiting on a green Torqueless grip to come. Also, I got a black/red Octane stabilizer (11.5"), and I dissembled it to paint the insert green. It looks AWESOME in the sun! Also, since the stabilizer was such a success, I am itching to paint more stuff. Anybody know if it would be possible to remove the cable guard piece and paint that? Also the metal pieces that hold the string dampeners? I would use a bow press obviously, but I don't want to mess anything up or void my warranty. The paint I used was a spray lacquer that I got in the model car section of Hobby Lobby. Here's the bow..it's a great shooter and so quiet... Sorry for the washed out pics..I'm not so skilled with a camera. I'll post all the pics I took since I can't decide which look best.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the pics!!!! That stabilizer really looks cool!! What made you decide to try to take it apart and do that? You may have started something for other women out there now seeing this and wanting you to do theirs like your!!!!! May pay for your bow!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS on an awesome rig!!!

Thats the same color Jewel that my Daughter is wanting as well. She is leaning more toward to Doinker DISH with a pink hub and it's going to look great I'm sure!

Mathews is certainly going to get a lot of attention with these sharp new rigs over the next year.

Good luck and good shootin'
Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys! One thing that has changed from the pics is now my Whisker Biscuit is painted the same green as the stabilizer. I also have the green string dampeners on the way. Why did I take the stabilizer apart and paint it? Well it was RED on the inside, can't have a pink bow with a red stabilizer, haha! And it was very easy to do, I'd gladly tell someone how to do it. Or if they wanted to pay me to do it, that's fine too! I have gotten lots of compliments on this bow at the local ranges. I'm loving it!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Looks good! Saw it over on AT as well, lol!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turkeygirl2
Looks good! Saw it over on AT as well, lol!

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tsaxybabe
Thanks guys! One thing that has changed from the pics is now my Whisker Biscuit is painted the same green as the stabilizer. I also have the green string dampeners on the way. Why did I take the stabilizer apart and paint it? Well it was RED on the inside, can't have a pink bow with a red stabilizer, haha! And it was very easy to do, I'd gladly tell someone how to do it. Or if they wanted to pay me to do it, that's fine too! I have gotten lots of compliments on this bow at the local ranges. I'm loving it!
I see on the color. Thats fine on me doing the work. My mechanical caps on somrthing like just barely exceed the rubber mallet and anvil theory and it just would not be pretty!!!!! Keep up[ the great pics and have a great season and be safe!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

nice rig, my wife will surely want one if I show her yours.