Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Pass-Throughs on Deer >

Pass-Throughs on Deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pass-Throughs on Deer

Old 08-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Pass-Throughs on Deer

I have started shooting longer ranges and now that i feel comfortable shooting at 30 yards, my question is will my arrow be able to get a double lung? I shoot gold tip 5575's with 100 grain tips. My bow is set at 70# 28" draw length. I shoot a bear charge, they said the speed is around like 300 fps or something. I just don't know if a light carbon arrow will pass through with a mechanical head i plan on using. i may go back to rage, maybe bloodrunners, and i really want to try the epek-xc3. So with these mechanical's at this range, am i going to lose a lot of energy? if mechanical's that take a lot to open at this range are a problem, i think the blood runners would be my best choice right?

thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dunno bout your bh's, but my magnus snuffers will go through and through at 37yards.
i would imagine 40 er 50 with the ease it went through with. hot knife through butter.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Typical Buck

I agree! You should have no problem! good luck
Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Last pass through I had on a doe at 20 yards (with Rage) ended up with the arrow burried half way in the ground. I'm sure it would have made it through the deer at 30. Good Luck.