Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadheads

Old 08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Spike

Default broadheads

My bow shoots 280fps with 100grain tips I shoot the shuttle t locks. Is there anything better
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

What a loaded question.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my opinion.
The question is, are you satisfied with them?
I've experimented with many broadheads over the years, but I always go back to Muzzy.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never shot them, couldn't say. Must be something you get easily where you are.

This is kind of cool but I can't see the impact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XsfwjzG-mw

Shot some G5's once and hated the blood they produced so if these are similar I'd still stick with a thunderhead.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

ive tried a few different brands but never tried the t-locks, i am with onion though, i cant stay away from the regular muzzy 100's.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't tried those either, but assuming by your user name if you're using them for elk I would pay attention to construction of the head, meaning good blade retention properties. Such head as you now have, Muzzy, Slick Tricks, or Innerlock would be my choices.

Which is better? Pick one. They all do the same job with proper arrow placement and proper tuning.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot what flys accurate and consistant for me and my bow. Might take some different heads to find what you and your bow likes to find this. Don't be affraid to try some fixed head or even mechanical heads. Ask some friends that bow hunt if you could try out their broadheads.

Remember that your bow is twice as fast as bows use to be and people still took down big game. They killed deer, bear, elk with nothing more that a wooden bow shooting wooden arrows tips with knapped stone heads.

If your setup works I wouldn't change it.

Are you having any issues that worry you? Or just curious?

Asking for a better broadhead will lead to 50 different answers.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

You won't find a b-head thats as accurate and will penetrate deeper that the Shuttle-T's! They are the fav b-heads of legendary Elk slayer Dan Evans, thats enough said! I've seen his 100+ yard groups with the Shuttle T's..... amazing shooting b-head!