Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Improved Termacell and IL Hunt Give-away >

New Improved Termacell and IL Hunt Give-away

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Improved Termacell and IL Hunt Give-away

Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Improved Termacell and IL Hunt Give-away

I recently got my hands on the new Thermacell and after having the chance to use it over the last several days, in the woods, at a 3D Shoot and just shooting in the backyard..... I love the new improvements!

It obviously has the same effectiveness that we've all come to expect from Thermacell, that hasn't changed a bit, but the newly designed body and improved case makes the unit that much better in my opinion!

The new unit features a slightly smaller, more compact body and a new turn dial switch. The body is also slightly more rounded and features slight indentions like finger grooves on a comfortably handgun grip although they are very hard to see in my photo.The new model I have also happens to be in Realtree AP and the finish and detail of the pattern looks great.

I really think that the redesigned case really makes the unit now! Thermacell changed the side pockets from snaps to elastic cinch type with pull loops and this really seems to hold in the extra butane and mats that much better with no fear of loss. They also added small loops sewn on directly above these pockets and these will allow you to either tie or lash the unit onto something or simply hang it from a hook once you reach your stand or blind. Thermacell also added a MUCH more favorable swivel clip instead of just a belt loop. This clip makes the unit much more adaptable and so much easier to attach to anything you desire..... from a turkey vest to a hanging branch to your belt quiver at a bowshoot.... I love the clip! I also like the fact that they added a small cut out on the back of the case where it engages one of the studs on the back of the newly designed unit as this prevents the case from sliding around or moving.... so the case fits great and stays in place.

The new unit/case side by side with the old unit/case, most of the improvements are obvious.

A closer view of the new improved case design.

A closer pic of the new swivel clip

one more view of the new clip case

There ya have it.... the new improved Termacell. I know a bunch of you guys and gals would love to see just how much improved they were so I thought I'd share. Good luck and good huntin'

Also, don't forget to check out the incredible HUNT Thermacell is giving away..... a dream Whitetail hunt at Illinois' famous Grigsby!!! Man, someone is going to get the hunt of a lifetime!!! Good luck but I hope it's ME ?!? LOL!