Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
ground blind setup >

ground blind setup

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blind setup

Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Spike

Default Pocket Blind

I am a fan of the impromptu hunting blind. That is, a blind that you set up on the spot and don't leave in place. That way you can set up to hunt where ever you happen to be when you find a good spot. And you can take adapt to changing conditions such as wind or barometric pressure changes to change position to a more advantageous spot.

For that reason I used to carry a square of camo burlap, and still do on occasion. But what I found is even better are a pocketful of 3" blanket pins and a product called the Hobo Hanky.

The blanket pins I open up and use like giant push pins to secure small leafy branches together to make impromptu blinds. They are also just darn useful to have around as well for repairs, etc...

The Hobo Hanky is a commercial product and is like a giant camouflage patterned bandana. It's about 42 inches square but folds up not bigger than a handkerchief to fit in your pocket, so it's a lot smaller and lighter and therefore more accessible than the burlap square. It can be similarly pinned or tied between trees or branches to provide a quick to set up and take down impromptu blind. There is a picture of a "pocket blind" on their web site.

With either of these setups I can put up a quick blind is just over a minute. That is flexibility. And if something changes I can pull it down and stuff it back in my pocket in even less time.