Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Home modification, inventions, project ideas? >

Home modification, inventions, project ideas?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Home modification, inventions, project ideas?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Home modification, inventions, project ideas?

So I'm sitting in work and its been 100 degrees here for a week. I'm itching for the fall and hunting season which seems a lifetime away. I was fiddling with some gear and saw on youtube some videos of people making homemade lighted nocks. Did that project and loved it. Also made a pvc bowholder for yard shooting and target stand. Looking for a few new projects to fiddle with until the weather breaks. So lets hear it, anyone have any cool modifications they did to their gear or niffty little projects I can tweak with?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

I do my own lighted nocks as well

made yardage signs for the backyard shooting.

make wristslings, braclets and stuff out of paracord. Probably got 20 different slings by now.

made my own string stopper

I have so many little projects going on, that I can't wait for bow season to start.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Now that it's cooled down from being 100 and humid here, I'm going to "remodel" my old hub style ground blind, which finally succumbed to being left out for 4 months each year the past seven years. Two of the hubs have broken so I'm building a simple box style frame out of 2x2s to pull the blind over so I can still use it. Less portable now but it usually sits in one spot anyway all season as do most of my other blinds and hang on stands. Good luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

I've been meaning to post pics of some of my "tweaks." Life got way too hectic this week. I have a new spot, a 10min walk into my patch of woods where I'd like to build a ground blind. Maybe I can build a more sturdy one at home and carry it in in pieces. I was just going to get some pvc pipes into the ground and wrap some camo mesh netting around for the blind since it'll be a light carry. Now Im thinking wood frame and piece it together in the woods....hmm.....
Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GPMD
I've been meaning to post pics of some of my "tweaks." Life got way too hectic this week. I have a new spot, a 10min walk into my patch of woods where I'd like to build a ground blind. Maybe I can build a more sturdy one at home and carry it in in pieces. I was just going to get some pvc pipes into the ground and wrap some camo mesh netting around for the blind since it'll be a light carry. Now Im thinking wood frame and piece it together in the woods....hmm.....
Did the arrow holders out of PVC pipe.
Made a waterfowl blind this year out of PVC that is portable as well. Made it out of 2in PVC, 15' long and 4' deep. It is 4' tall in back and has a drop away door in front so we can either stay seated or stand to shoot. Covered it in military 3D camo with Marsh Grass camo and it disappears!!!!! It comes apart in sections and is held down with "J" shaped 1/4" rebar lengths 2' long to hold it down in the wind.
Did this when we were haveing all the rain earlier this year. Lately it has been hardwood floors inside. Running out of projects lately, that I want to do!!!!!!!