Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Carbon express devils wrath? >

Carbon express devils wrath?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon express devils wrath?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Spike

Default Carbon express devils wrath?

I just got arrows from wallmart nd they are them best arrows ive ever shot..it was soo cheaP! Has anyone else discovored cheap arrows tht they think are amazing?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, but it was a fluke. I was at BPS last year and found a dozen Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595's in Hardwoods HD that were pre-cut to my exact length. I'm assuming that someone cut them wrong for someone else. They are the exact arrows I shoot and they were marked down to $75.00. I was all over that deal.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Yeah, but it was a fluke. I was at BPS last year and found a dozen Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595's in Hardwoods HD that were pre-cut to my exact length. I'm assuming that someone cut them wrong for someone else. They are the exact arrows I shoot and they were marked down to $75.00. I was all over that deal.
Oh snap! That is an amazing deal! That is the arrows that I shoot as well...would love to stumble upon a deal like that.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Oh snap! That is an amazing deal! That is the arrows that I shoot as well...would love to stumble upon a deal like that.
how do you like these thinking about getting a dozon, are they better than the carbon express maxim 350

sorry to hijack the tread.

all to the op i shot some arrows i got at wal-mart on time and they kinda did surprise me. but i got them on sale. but if you pay full price @ $7.00 an arrow there are better arrows cheaper in my opp.
Beman ICS hunters for one.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mike 04 gt
how do you like these thinking about getting a dozon, are they better than the carbon express maxim 350
If you're talking about the Gold Tip Pro Hunters, then in my humble opinion you're talking about one of the best arrows out there.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

I am wondering what or why you guys think Gold Tip 7595 are any better than any other top of the line carbon arrow. IMO I think it's more how they are built or assembled not so much as the actual shaft. The other thing I'm confused on is the fact that Gold Tip are on the cheaper end of the quality arrow price chart.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I am wondering what or why you guys think Gold Tip 7595 are any better than any other top of the line carbon arrow. IMO I think it's more how they are built or assembled not so much as the actual shaft. The other thing I'm confused on is the fact that Gold Tip are on the cheaper end of the quality arrow price chart.
I stopped using them after a blow up and a comment from a supplier about how they had more complaints of that happening with them than any other and I don't think my "1" was the deciding factor. The reason I found that out was I was trying to find some more and they had none because the manufacturing was being done in Mex. now and they were having problems. This was just before a hunting season which didn't impress me from a customer/business stand point. This was 6-7 years ago. There good, I don't care for them.

Suppose the new cheap arrows from walmart start warping quickly (arrows do)? Report back after a season.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
Sorry brother, but I've got to correct you on two points. First, I never said that they were any better than any other top of the line arrow. I just said that they were one of the best. Second, I was referring to the Pro Hunters which are Gold Tip's top of the line arrow. The 7595 is just a size that is available in even thier least expensive shaft.

You're right though. The best shaft in the world won't fly well if it's not selected properly and built correctly, and even low end shafts can perform admirably when put together well. I just like the Pro Hunter specs and they've always performed flawlessly for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

These days most any carbons shoot great when properly matched with your setup.Unless you're into serious target shooting buying the high priced arrows is a waste of money.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
These days most any carbons shoot great when properly matched with your setup.Unless you're into serious target shooting buying the high priced arrows is a waste of money.
I'm sure you're right Bernie, but when I stumble across a dozen shafts priced at $75 that normally cost $170. I'm buying them. I'd probably buy the Pro Hunters anyway though. I just like them.

Last edited by LittleChief; 07-27-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.