HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer dander (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/347183-deer-dander.html)

brunsc 07-24-2011 02:36 PM

Deer dander

Have any of u used deer dander..ive had extreme succes with it..i had a deer walk up to my stand nd look straight up bc i put this on my boots.. Last time i did this. But it seems to really spark an interest in the deer. I live in a pressured area with small woods.. I was curous how thiss worked in different areas? Let me no thx

Howler 07-24-2011 05:31 PM

I don't use any scents and I've had deer at the base of the tree I was in and look straight up at me on a few occasions.

brunsc 07-24-2011 07:32 PM

Yes but it followed the same steps i made to my tree stand im a real beleiver of this prodt

earlly 07-25-2011 04:27 AM

where can you buy it? haven`t seen any.

ManofTheFall 07-25-2011 06:11 AM

I've never used it but I have a friend that does and he loves it. It really seems to work for him but I use Scent-A-Away and have had great success with it. It is also much cheaper than deer dander.

brunsc 07-25-2011 06:53 AM

U cn get it from cabelas, gander, and ebay nd much more..i use scent away with it...this stuff is amazing im tellin u guys its by team fitsgerald

PastorJim08 07-25-2011 08:35 AM

I have used it with much the same reaction from the deer you experienced. I have also had deer cross my path and change directions to follow up the scent trail, bringing them right to the base of my tree. My question is how long is it good? I've got some that is two years old.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

Howler 07-25-2011 09:42 AM

The last place I want a deer that I want to shoot is at the "base of my tree". But there's a sucker born every minute that will buy about any product that is put on the market if for one second they beleive it MIGHT bring a deer closer, and then when a deer does come closer, then it HAS to be because of product A......It's your money, but it would be better to spend a bit more money getting your arrows to fly true and hit where you want them to, instead of using stuff like this.

ryndisher 07-25-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Howler (Post 3826941)
The last place I want a deer that I want to shoot is at the "base of my tree". But there's a sucker born every minute that will buy about any product that is put on the market if for one second they beleive it MIGHT bring a deer closer, and then when a deer does come closer, then it HAS to be because of product A......It's your money, but it would be better to spend a bit more money getting your arrows to fly true and hit where you want them to, instead of using stuff like this.

Yo do realize that Deer Dander isn't a new "scam" right? Unlike Rage broadheads, Primos Truth Serum, Scent Loc/Scent Blocker, and countless others. This stuff has been around longer than i have been alive, and has been working for that same amount of time.

fishinty 07-25-2011 11:45 AM

I have they just calm down and look around for other deer.