Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which Rest Do You Prefer? >

Which Rest Do You Prefer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Which Rest Do You Prefer?
QAD Ultra Rest Hunter
91.67%
Trophy Ridge Revolution
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Which Rest Do You Prefer?

Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Spike

Arrow Which Rest Do You Prefer?

Ok after bouncing back and forth between rest Im trying to figure out which would be better to get I have finally decided between the QAD Hunter model and the Trophy Ridge Revolution. I have read good and bad on both. Now I know that the QAD HD is the best but I dont have that much money to spend on a rest. I liked the concept of the Revolution how it spins out of the way of the arrow which eliminates the chance of there being bounce back. I have read that some people have had problems though with the timing on it. But I have also read that some have had problems with the timing on the QAD Hunter. I know that these rest will both work with FOBs which I am planning on shooting once I get some new arrows. So what are yours guys opinions on these two rest. Which do you prefer or would you get?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I can not say i have used either one of the mentioned rests. but i can tell you after a lot of research i ended up buying a Trophy taker smack down fc and it was easy to set up is accurate has no cheap plastic and is quite . Also there customer service is second to non
Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

QAD it is time tested and proven. Don't buy into all of the gimmicks in bowhunting keep it as simple as possible. Use the proven stuff and wait for some others to test the new stuff to see if there are any problems!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Neither. After trying out several different drop aways, I have become a fan of limb driven style drop aways.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ryndisher
QAD it is time tested and proven. Don't buy into all of the gimmicks in bowhunting keep it as simple as possible. Use the proven stuff and wait for some others to test the new stuff to see if there are any problems!
Thats a good way to look at it, I think I will heed your advice
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Spike

Ok between the Revolution and the QAD I think I will get the QAD. I think the Revolution will be a great rest but I thihnk I will wait and let it be "broken in" some by other people till Trophy Ridge gets all the kinks(if any) worked out with it.

The one other rest I was thinking about was the Apache. The Apache and the QAD were the original 2 I was trying to decide between. Everything I have read on both these rest are loved by those that shoot them so Im sure I will like which ever I get. But Im just a little stumped at which to get. Im leaning more towards the QAD because it has the ability to **** the arrow and it stays ****ed after slow let down. Where as the Apache doesnt. Im going to be doing more spot and stock than sitting in a blind or tree stand. So what do you guys think?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ultrakd
Ok between the Revolution and the QAD I think I will get the QAD. I think the Revolution will be a great rest but I thihnk I will wait and let it be "broken in" some by other people till Trophy Ridge gets all the kinks(if any) worked out with it.

The one other rest I was thinking about was the Apache. The Apache and the QAD were the original 2 I was trying to decide between. Everything I have read on both these rest are loved by those that shoot them so Im sure I will like which ever I get. But Im just a little stumped at which to get. Im leaning more towards the QAD because it has the ability to **** the arrow and it stays ****ed after slow let down. Where as the Apache doesnt. Im going to be doing more spot and stock than sitting in a blind or tree stand. So what do you guys think?

I have used the Apache and think it is a great rest. The QAD sounds like it would better fit your style of hunting though.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for the QAD. However, if you're going with the QAD, don't go cheap.... buy their HDX top model.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I voted for the QAD. However, if you're going with the QAD, don't go cheap.... buy their HDX top model.
I would but I dont have the money for it.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Spike

Man chosing a rest is hard, I wish I had three bows so I could get all three rest . I think what Ill do though is since everyone seems to say that the QAD HD is the best choice out of the QAD's, I will get the Apache. I know from what Ive read that this is a great rest and quiet. I would really love the option of the rest staying up when I let down but the cage around the Apache I think will do the job of holding the arrow when Im stalking. Then after some time has gone by and the Revolution has been out longer I think I will get it. But that wont be for a while.

Sound like a good idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.