Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Outdoor Channel vs. Sportsmans Channel >

Outdoor Channel vs. Sportsmans Channel

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outdoor Channel vs. Sportsmans Channel

Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Spike

Default Outdoor Channel vs. Sportsmans Channel

Hey guys I am looking to switch to Direct TV and in their cheaper packages, they only offer the Sportsmans Channel. To get the Outdoor Channel you have to buy the most expensive package. I currently only have the Outdoor Channel and have never seen the Sportsmans Channel. My question is...If I make the switch to Direct TV, will I be losing anything by not having Outdoor Channel and instead having Sportsmans Channel? I can watch hunting shows all day long and would hope that the SC would have that, especially bowhunting.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have Directv (hated them) But then you could buy Outdoor channel ala cart or seperately for $2.99 a month.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
I used to have Directv (hated them) But then you could buy Outdoor channel ala cart or seperately for $2.99 a month.

Blessings......Pastorjim
I didn't know you could buy it a al cart. What was it that you hated with them? Just wanna know what to look out for.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

I had directv at my weekend place for 5 yrs
just recently dropped them and switching to cable,
dont recall which i had outdoor/sportsman channel,
regardless the service sucked,
i watched rfdtv most of the time,
problems i had,
signal was lousy, cut out on cloudy days and cut out during every rainy day,
in north america hard to get a clear line to the satelite,
my dish was at a 30 degree angle which meant trees +300 ft away would block the signal
i couldnt get local channels at all.
directv has a policy of shutting off your service if you dont use it for like a week,
this was a weekend place and i had to call them to reset my service almost every weekend,
their tech support is not 24 hrs regardless what they say,
if i got to my place friday night at 10pm i would have to wait till saturday morning to get my service back.
i stopped my directv service like 3 weeks ago and i dont miss it,
will be getting cable in a couple weeks
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

I had Direct TV and droped them for cable. I moved into my new house on 5 acres heavily treed. The cable was not in and to have TV I had to use Satelite service which I choose Direct TV. I did not have a digital TV so the signal was okay until a storm came over head then the signal would go out or picalate( picture would break up). Then I got a digital tv and wanted to upgrade to digital service. They moved the Antenna three times each time putting holes in the siding then the roof. Still did not get a good signal because the trees were also blocking the signal. When cable came into the area I doped them and went to cable. This is my experience I would not do Direct TV mainly because the installers saw all the trees around the house and they should have told me digital TV signal would not be available.

CVG Ohio