Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need help selecting arrow spine >

Need help selecting arrow spine

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help selecting arrow spine

Old 06-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need help selecting arrow spine

I shoot a Mission Menace, 50lbs, 26". Right now I use Gold Tip Expedition Hunters cut to 26", with a 125g tip, and 3 blazer vanes. I entered my info into On Target 2 software, and it says my arrows are way too stiff for me...however they fly well.

I would like to switch to the Victory V-Force arrows, the pink ones for breast cancer (it would match my pink bow, lol). But the program says all the spines are too stiff for me...so what would I need??
Very confused.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

What you want is the Victory V-Force 500. The .5 is the correct spine for your setup, and just because the arrows are slightly over-spine doesn't mean they wont fly well. If they fly good why change?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Bartender

Well put Rynde. Also any thoughts to using a 100 GR head?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

I just want to change because I like the hot pink arrows, they will match my bow!
And I started off using a 100g head but one day on a whim I tried 125g and instantly my groups were tighter at 20 yds and farther. The pro shop guys said the heavier head probably "took the spine out of my arrows sooner". Not to mention I get awesome FOC (nearly 17%) - which I think helps get more pass penetration. I got a passthrough on my buck last year. And that's the only deer I've ever shot with my bow so I don't have anything to compare it to.