Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Saddlecloth????

Old 01-28-2002, 10:36 AM

Default Saddlecloth????

I got a new bowhunting outfit for christmas. It is made up from saddlecloth. Any one have this? and how is it?
Old 01-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Saddlecloth????

Two thumbs up from me too. I have multiple Saddle Cloth outfits. It is probably my favorite camo fabric. Much better than the typical cotton/poly combos that seem to predominate in the camo clothing market.

As trailblazer indicated it is very soft, quiet and "burrproof" but that is not the reason why I love it. My favorite characteristic is the colorfastness. It won't fade! Not even after dozens of washings with regular detergent. I have a pair of saddle cloth pants that I bought about 4 or 5 years ago and they still look almost like new.

Now, for the "bad" news. Many folks have commented on how Saddle Cloth gets "noisy" in extremely cold conditions.

I have yet to run into this problem, but I have a couple ideas as to why others have come to form this opinion. First, it is possible that they have the Gortex/Saddle cloth combo outfits. I have a had with this combination and it definitely is noisy in cold weather, but I believe that has more to do with the Goretex than the Saddlecloth.

Second, it is also possible that the definitions of "quiet" might be totally different. I know how synthetic PVC rainsuits sound and that I would term "noisy", but I don't think that cold Saddle cloth comes anywhere near that noise level.

Regardless, be happy with your purchase....you got a great deal.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:25 AM

thanx guys I have noticed a little noise when you crumple them up when it is cold, however , this outfit is not insulated and will not be used when it gets to cold, only in the early season.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its my favorite fabric to,I just wish they would make it in Scent-Lok.As mentioned above,I love the color of the material the best.I can't wait to see it offered in new Realtree-HD,because I primarily use this clothing for turkey season.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

another thumbs up from me as well. great bowhunting material!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-28-2002, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

they stink in the cold! Also they are not 100% waterproof! Atleast not AK waterproof anyways!!! When the cold hits they sound like a dang trash bag!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 08:23 PM

The closest I've come to this material is my backpack. And I love my backpack! :-) Lucky you! I just wish I had an outfit too (to match my backpack). I love the feel of it (my backpack), it is soooo soft to the touch! It does tend to get "crinkly" when it's cold. I think it's called shrinkage. :-) Good luck with your new outfit. I think you'll like it.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lilhunter,

I didn't think it was advertised as waterproof but rather water repellant. I have found this to be true to a point... A light mist in the morning won't dampen the material but a steady rain definitely will.

I am curious....do you have just regular Saddle Cloth clothing or is it "mixed" with something else.....Gore Tex, etc..? How long have you had it? What temperatures did it get "noisy" in? How many times have you washed it?

(I don't want you to get the idea that I am "jumpin'" all over you about your post, but I am trying to figure out why some folks have "problems" with it and others don't)

Thanks,

Frank
Old 01-29-2002, 06:15 AM

PAbownter
I just got the outfit for christmas. I am storing it in my garage. It is currently 8 degrees here in MN. The material is stiff when it get this cold. I am wondering if its because its new or if it will always be like that. It is not mixed with anything. Reguardless I think it will work fine as long as I don't use it in extremely cold conditions. (i have a different outfit for this anyway)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.