HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The New Hoyt Carbon Element VS. The Mathews X7 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/343690-new-hoyt-carbon-element-vs-mathews-x7.html)

GeorgiaHunter1986 04-21-2011 10:47 PM

The New Hoyt Carbon Element VS. The Mathews X7

I was looking into buying that new Hoyt Carbon Element, Was wanting to know from all the hoyt fans if it was worth the investment since it is the price of a good huntin truck. I want to know all the pro's and con's of this bow please good or bad notes would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know what you think on the Mathews X7 if it might be in any comparrison Thank You For any comments you may have....

twildasin 04-22-2011 09:19 PM

Best advice would be to get out to the pro shops and shoot as many bows you can and make your own judgement. It does not matter what anyone else has to say about a bow its what u like and what is best for you as far as fit,feel,shootability.....

Champlain Islander 04-23-2011 02:57 AM

I think last month's outdoor life had a run down and review on all the big bow makers with reviews on the element and the X7 among others. From what I recall the element was much faster than the X7. Brace height would be something I would consider in a purchase. Getting speed without going under 7" would be my goal.

RidgeFACTOR 04-23-2011 05:38 AM

Mathews man here.

BadCompany1 04-23-2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR (Post 3801338)
Mathews man here.

X2. Same here.:guiness:

DrHouse 04-24-2011 04:56 AM

I went out and recently bought a new bow and shot all of the high end bows, this is what I thought.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a bow expert and I may use wrong terminology, this is just how everything felt to me.

I didn't like the Extreme Z7 I thought it was just to dang short, but I did like the Z7 and although I find them very front heavy is has a great draw and it a fun bow to shoot. The Z7 just felt like the right size bow whereas the Extreme Z7 just felt too small. This bow's draw was very nice and once at full draw the front heavy feeling goes away.

The Element and the CRX were very very high on my list IF I would have had a 28" draw. Since I have a 27" draw I have to use the Hoyt #2 Cams and it completely changed how the draw cycles felt on the bows. After some love from the Dr on my shoulder I had to buy a bow that was smooth as butter. I also liked the Hoyt grip the most. I would have bought the Hoyt if I had a 28" Draw.

Bowtech Invasion, this is what I ended up purchasing. Of all the bows when I picked it up I liked how then felt and sat in my hand. The draw cycle on this bow seems to be rather linear and didn't seem to spike in the middle like the Hoyt did with the #2 Cam. This is a very balanced bow and I choose it because it was the easiest on my shoulder and it was also really fun to shoot.

RidgeFACTOR 04-24-2011 05:31 AM

Mathews

MATHEWS SWITCHBACK XT

IL-Cornfed 04-25-2011 04:19 PM

I have a great amount of experience with the Mathews Z7 series and proudly shoot them.... however, they simply can NOT compare to the Hoyt Carbon Element for 2011. The Element feels simply incredible in hand, balances like a dream and is absolutely DEAD in the hand! It's smooth, fast and silent.... Hoyt has hit a homerun with it's Element this season!

In my humble opinion, my beloved Z7 has fell down the scale a long ways for 2011. My top picks this year are the Hoyt Carbon Element, BowTech Invasion and the PSE EVO.

Good luck and good shootin'

RidgeFACTOR 04-28-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed (Post 3802342)
I have a great amount of experience with the Mathews Z7 series and proudly shoot them.... however, they simply can NOT compare to the Hoyt Carbon Element for 2011. The Element feels simply incredible in hand, balances like a dream and is absolutely DEAD in the hand! It's smooth, fast and silent.... Hoyt has hit a homerun with it's Element this season!

In my humble opinion, my beloved Z7 has fell down the scale a long ways for 2011. My top picks this year are the Hoyt Carbon Element, BowTech Invasion and the PSE EVO.

Good luck and good shootin'

Stone316_74 04-30-2011 10:38 AM

Shot em all till 2006....Been a Mathews man ever since. Z7-Xtreme IMO no comparison. Nuff Said!!!