HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The New Hoyt Carbon Element VS. The Mathews X7
Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 AM
DrHouse
Spike

I went out and recently bought a new bow and shot all of the high end bows, this is what I thought.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a bow expert and I may use wrong terminology, this is just how everything felt to me.

I didn't like the Extreme Z7 I thought it was just to dang short, but I did like the Z7 and although I find them very front heavy is has a great draw and it a fun bow to shoot. The Z7 just felt like the right size bow whereas the Extreme Z7 just felt too small. This bow's draw was very nice and once at full draw the front heavy feeling goes away.

The Element and the CRX were very very high on my list IF I would have had a 28" draw. Since I have a 27" draw I have to use the Hoyt #2 Cams and it completely changed how the draw cycles felt on the bows. After some love from the Dr on my shoulder I had to buy a bow that was smooth as butter. I also liked the Hoyt grip the most. I would have bought the Hoyt if I had a 28" Draw.

Bowtech Invasion, this is what I ended up purchasing. Of all the bows when I picked it up I liked how then felt and sat in my hand. The draw cycle on this bow seems to be rather linear and didn't seem to spike in the middle like the Hoyt did with the #2 Cam. This is a very balanced bow and I choose it because it was the easiest on my shoulder and it was also really fun to shoot.