Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadhead Choice >

Broadhead Choice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Choice

Old 07-31-2003, 08:17 PM

Default Broadhead Choice

Hello everyone.

I was wondering what type of broadheads people use, and how many blades they have on them.

I also wondered if anyone knew anything about Innerloc Broadheads, and what kind of luck they had with them.

I did have Muzzy 4 Blade 90 grains, but I' m looking to switch to a new kind I think, so if anyone has any info. or input on it please say.

Old 08-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead Choice

there are lots of high quality heads on the market now. Muzzys beging one of the best. Innerlocs are also great head, but not sure if they are enough differnt than the Muzzys to bother changing. I honestly feel muzzys are one of the best heads you can buy. If you just feel like switching, take a look at the Magnus stinger 4 blade 100 grn. It' s an excellent head, and every bit as good as the Muzzys 4 blades.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

5 shot is " da man" when it comes to broadhead testing. Go look at his sight. I recently did some testing of my own and found I like the Montec G5. They' re a bit pricey but give them a look. They are of the fixed head design.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I use the spitfire broadheads and I absolutely love them they have a 1-1/2 inch cutting diameter. and they fly exactly like your field tips so you don' t have to resight them in just screw them on and go hunting. They are a little on the expensive side but very well worth it, they run about $30.00 for 3 of them. I highly recommend them. They are expandable heads and have 3 blades.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:41 AM

drhuntr04;

Many of the broadheads that are on the market today are good heads. Muzzy is indeed a very good head. However, there is no proof that Muzzy is the best above any others. You do pay for the name though.

You can find many heads that have a strong ferrule and a good blade locking system for far less than some companies who are ripping off bowhunters with price and with fancy claims and fancy names to describe their product.

Check out the " Cabela" broadheads. Far cheaper than name-brands; and the performance I have personally had and witnessed others have, surpassed my expectations. I have used the heads for several seasons with very good success. Prior, I was using " Muxxy" until they raised their prices to a ridiculous amount.

I prefer 125 grn 3-blade.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-01-2003, 03:39 PM

I have been using Steelhead mechanical' s...but this year a am switching to the Deadhead 3-blade fixed broadhead...hopefully I can get good arrow flight.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:45 PM

Hey c903

Thanks for the advice. I live in central Illinois too in Peoria County. What county are you from??

drhuntr
Old 08-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Spike

Rocky Mountain Snypers. Used them 3 years in a row now and have had complete passthroughs on 3 deer.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me I use mechanicals shockwaves 100. As far as fixed blades I am trying to get steelforce 100' s to shoot for me. They look awesome but I haven' t used it yet on game.

Brian

Quick Reply: Broadhead Choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.