Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hoyt lost another customer for good. >

Hoyt lost another customer for good.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt lost another customer for good.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Hoyt lost another customer for good.

Today I went and shot the first 3D I could for the year, yesterday got my bow out, looked it over, waxed the string shot about 30 arrows to make sure I was still good to go, no problem. This morning I went to a 3D shoot and 3rd target in, I drew back Anchored was settling my pin and I heard a crack I shot and then stepped aside looked and my limb was cracked on the edge, which is no big deal I'll just get a new set of limbs However......

Hoyt recently dropped the only bow shop local to me (By local I mean 40 minutes away) that has a clue what they are doing. and they decided to sign with East Coast Gun sales. Which has the biggest reputation for horrific customer service, knowledgeable staff and high prices. I have no idea how they are still in business, I have yet to hear anything good about them, and now they're going to do bow work??? I am going to have to find a new dealer that I can even remotely trust to work on my equipment. I'm so mad about that news I cant even describe it to you, and believe me when I say I'm not the only one. The guy that Longs has actually knows his stuff and actually cares about archery. I know east coast wont be able to find anyone that would even be in the same league heck they cant even handle gun sales.

Sorry for the Rant, but I've officially had enough out of Hoyt. I'd rather pay more for a bow and have someone who knows what they're doing and actually has good service than pay less and be up the creek like I am now and going What the heck do I do now?

Ryan.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Hoyt limb broke?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
A Hoyt limb broke?
I shoot a Hoyt, no fan of the company, do in large part to their customer service but even I said the same thing you did. My 05 has been used and the limbs show the bumps, nary a crack.

I am my own proshop because I've never been in one that I trusted and for good reason. Last time I had to go to a shop was because a cam went bad, yes the bearings were going. With cam in hand I gave it to the shop owner who declared it fine until I told him to squeeze the bearings and spin it, thump, thump, thump. Without missing a beat he declared it bad but said it wouldn't effect performance or noise, the reason I suspected it in the first place. He then handed me one that wasn't even the same color.

I deal with the public, it's a big part of my life, people call me back time and time again to work for them. I've never been back to that shop and most likely won't unless I have another warranty issue.

Brother cut a string on a hunt and went up to the local Hoyt dealer for a fix. I'm his shop mostly so he was a little clueless and took the guys advice when he was told the string numbers on the bow were wrong and the correct string was about 2 inch's longer. I take my own stuff along now.