Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me pick

Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help me pick

I am going to be buying a new ground blind in the next couple of weeks. I will be using my Cabelas gift cards, so I have to get it there. I am going back and forth between the Ameristep Bone Collector, and the Primos Ground Max The Escape Deluxe. Looking for any input, good or bad.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Ground Max hands down... I have hunted out of many and i can say they do not dissapoint.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have owned 5 different brands and by far the Double Bull is the best.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I have owned 5 different brands and by far the Double Bull is the best.
I would love to have the double bull, but I have a price range I have to stick to.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darren, funny you should post this question. I too have been looking at ground blinds. The two I'm interested in are the Yukon Tracks Enforcer and the Barronett Big Mike. Both of these blinds are in the $150.00 range and are 80in tall. The 80in tall is a big selling point for me because I have a bad back and the reason I got rid of my first ground blind was because it was so short, 68in, I could never stand and stretch, which gave me a horrible back ache. I'm not sure either one is available at Cabelas but you can google it to see where you can buy one.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will look into them PJ, thanks for the info.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can't afford a Double Bull then I'd suggest the Bone Collector.

However, I should mention that the cheaper blinds you'll tear up and wear out over the years and the ones that you'll replace..... you'll find yourself wishing that you would have just bought the Double Bull in the first place! LOL!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Darren, funny you should post this question. I too have been looking at ground blinds. The two I'm interested in are the Yukon Tracks Enforcer and the Barronett Big Mike. Both of these blinds are in the $150.00 range and are 80in tall. The 80in tall is a big selling point for me because I have a bad back and the reason I got rid of my first ground blind was because it was so short, 68in, I could never stand and stretch, which gave me a horrible back ache. I'm not sure either one is available at Cabelas but you can google it to see where you can buy one.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Looks great, unfortunately for me 80in isn't that great of stretching room, though i'd have to make due as I believe that's the tallest they make. I'm 6'1 which comes out to 73in. Not exactly a lot of room for my arms, but it can be worked around
Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

ground max, I have this one and I am 6' 3"....I have hunted this blind with my buddy who is 6' 1" and we were both very comfortable.