HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Help me pick (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/341860-help-me-pick.html)

BigDaddy12t 03-13-2011 12:37 PM

Help me pick

I am going to be buying a new ground blind in the next couple of weeks. I will be using my Cabelas gift cards, so I have to get it there. I am going back and forth between the Ameristep Bone Collector, and the Primos Ground Max The Escape Deluxe. Looking for any input, good or bad.

WisconsinBowHunter 03-13-2011 12:49 PM

Ground Max hands down... I have hunted out of many and i can say they do not dissapoint.

PY Antlers 03-13-2011 01:05 PM

I have owned 5 different brands and by far the Double Bull is the best.

BigDaddy12t 03-13-2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by PY Antlers (Post 3786005)
I have owned 5 different brands and by far the Double Bull is the best.

I would love to have the double bull, but I have a price range I have to stick to.

PastorJim08 03-13-2011 02:33 PM

Darren, funny you should post this question. I too have been looking at ground blinds. The two I'm interested in are the Yukon Tracks Enforcer and the Barronett Big Mike. Both of these blinds are in the $150.00 range and are 80in tall. The 80in tall is a big selling point for me because I have a bad back and the reason I got rid of my first ground blind was because it was so short, 68in, I could never stand and stretch, which gave me a horrible back ache. I'm not sure either one is available at Cabelas but you can google it to see where you can buy one.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

BigDaddy12t 03-13-2011 03:07 PM

I will look into them PJ, thanks for the info.

IL-Cornfed 03-13-2011 03:07 PM

If you can't afford a Double Bull then I'd suggest the Bone Collector.

However, I should mention that the cheaper blinds you'll tear up and wear out over the years and the ones that you'll replace..... you'll find yourself wishing that you would have just bought the Double Bull in the first place! LOL!

jicand 03-13-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by PastorJim08 (Post 3786028)
Darren, funny you should post this question. I too have been looking at ground blinds. The two I'm interested in are the Yukon Tracks Enforcer and the Barronett Big Mike. Both of these blinds are in the $150.00 range and are 80in tall. The 80in tall is a big selling point for me because I have a bad back and the reason I got rid of my first ground blind was because it was so short, 68in, I could never stand and stretch, which gave me a horrible back ache. I'm not sure either one is available at Cabelas but you can google it to see where you can buy one.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Looks great, unfortunately for me 80in isn't that great of stretching room, though i'd have to make due as I believe that's the tallest they make. I'm 6'1 which comes out to 73in. Not exactly a lot of room for my arms, but it can be worked around

marquismarc 03-24-2011 05:50 AM

ground max, I have this one and I am 6' 3"....I have hunted this blind with my buddy who is 6' 1" and we were both very comfortable.