Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Stop

Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might also add everything is machined and manufactured from top quality materials. The rod itself is 7075 aluminum which is twice the strength of 6061 and the bends are different (more effective) than the do it yourself version. The stoppers are more efective at absorbing vibration and dampening noise as well as being easily replaced when the time comes.

They are also extremely lightweight, less than 2 1/4 oz including all dampeners. Many finishes and models available to match many setups, and many bows. All models have plenty of adjustment for tuning, etc.

Most important of all, NO Set Screws!!

Dan

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
In my experience, I totally agree.

In a little bit someone will put up a link as to how to build your own. Maybe that's your bag, but the Mean V is easy to order, available in matching camo, and has solid customer support.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default String Stop

Originally Posted by Ky Boy 33
The Bow Rattler is the best money I've spent in archery to date. I have had every string stop mentioned in this thread and truly believe the Rattler is superior. But whatever seems good to you is the best in my opinion.

Which one?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

CSD for $26 TYD.... off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CSD-SLICK-CAMO-a...item43a0a569c1
Attached Thumbnails String Stop-black-ice-pics-002.jpg   String Stop-picture-004.jpg  

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 04-04-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Spike

I love my POS (Piece of Steel) String Suppressor from Jeff Harrison you can PM me if you need his info.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have heard people say great things about the Limbsaver String-Stop. It is attachable by the front or rear mounting options & does what it is made for.

-South
Old 05-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Spike

Any recommendation for mounting a 2nd string stop on the cable guard? I saw pics of someone who did that and claimed that it helped even more, but I don't know what brand he used.