Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Better Brand of Bow/Type for Someone Tall? >

Better Brand of Bow/Type for Someone Tall?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Better Brand of Bow/Type for Someone Tall?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a Mathews Switchback 33" A to A for 5 years loved it. I sold that cuz I wanted to go shorter and bought a Switchback XT 31" A to A love that bow too. I'm now looking at going even shorter and thinking about the new Z7 Xtreme 28" A to A. Everyone here is correct when saying that the draw length is much more important than the A to A length. I personally like the shorter bows for ground blind and climber stand situations. But that's just me.....OBTW I'm 6'4".
Old 03-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt draw length fit is paramount in bow selection, and I wasn't minimizing that in any way. The super short rigs just aren't for me. I hunt out of my climber quite a bit, and i've never had any trouble with my long ATA bows.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Spike

It doesnt matter how tall you are its just your draw length, and if you want a new bow the top two brands i would choose is either a PSE or a Matthews but thats your decision.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Spike

There are several pro shops out in the plainfield/aurora/shorewood area which isn't too bad of a drive for you. Depending on what manufacturer of bow you are looking for I can point you in the right direction-(PSE, Matthews, Hoyt) I am 6'8" and have a 32.5" draw length so I am aware of your struggles- I currently have a 2010 PSE Vendetta XL which is working out great for me- I found previous years models did allow for longer draw lengths where the newer models do not.