Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fleching size/type >

Fleching size/type

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fleching size/type

Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Spike

Default Fleching size/type

ive look around a little on here and couldent find a thread that satisfied my curiosity, so i ask you all...

what type/size of fleching do you use/find is best for hunting?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most answers you get are probably going to be Blazers. I have used Blazers as well as the NAP Quick Spin Speed Hunter ST vanes. They will both work for sure but..........................

IMHO nothing beats the guidance, and forgivness of Feathers. I have used 4" for years

Dan
Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I have tried them all by now. I now use the 3" fusion vanes which comes in a mulitude of colors. The vanes are very ridged and the boattail on the vanes tighted my group a good bit. Go to a bow shop and have 2 or 3 arrows fletched and try them out. Jim
Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Personally I use blazers with a 3 degree offset, works just as good if not better than all of the longer vanes, plus you don't lose any speed. Even though the 2 or 3 fps that you lose with larger vanes is negligible at best.