Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test >

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

Old 01-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

WOW is all I can say. Look what these guys do to it.....and its still shootin. Amazing.

1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-zSi...eature=related

2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCIo...eature=related

3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqKHi...re=relatedPart

4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HGG5d-hC8M
Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's a Good feeling shooting a Bow you are not worried about having a Problem.

I think Hoyt's Reputation speaks for itself, and those Carbon Bows are Awesome!!

Dan
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, but aint it like $1K walkin away?
it is badd a$$..but fer that money?
besides, i aint ever tryin to be rambo or anything, and aint no way my bow would ever endure such harsh conditions.
i guess, if i was being dropped off on another planet, that would be the bow i'd want to have with me.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

First, I think the hoyt bows are about the best there is. But I guess this test doesn't impress me much. I rarely see risers being bent the problem of a bow.

Limbs, cams, axles, strings. These are things to worry about. I would like to see them publish the 1000 dry fire test. Feel free to change strings/cables. Then show no damage.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think Hoyt's reputation for tough, bullet proof bows is well documented including their limbs.

These bows are just a notch above that even for Hoyt's standards. They sold Matrix bows last year as fast as they could make them at $1699

I think they better gear up on the Elements because at $1050 I think sales will be even higher.

Dan

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
First, I think the hoyt bows are about the best there is. But I guess this test doesn't impress me much. I rarely see risers being bent the problem of a bow.

Limbs, cams, axles, strings. These are things to worry about. I would like to see them publish the 1000 dry fire test. Feel free to change strings/cables. Then show no damage.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I think Hoyt's reputation for tough, bullet proof bows is well documented including their limbs.

These bows are just a notch above that even for Hoyt's standards. They sold Matrix bows last year as fast as they could make them at $1699

I think they better gear up on the Elements because at $1050 I think sales will be even higher.

Dan
Nobody said thier reputation is in trouble. As usual, your freakin delusional. They took the time to put out this torture test, and I gave my opinion. I own hoyt, and will continue for a long time. There is no better compound out there.

As my post clearly points out, I am not impressed by an indestructable riser. Its a generally low failure part.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being able to run over a bow right in the middle of the riser doesn't make me want to own it. I think they make a good product but I don't need a carbon riser. I think that test is kind of silly and they are making too much of it. Lets see them run over the cam and see how well it shoots then.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

The test was done to prove the Strength of the riser at such a lightweight.

I Never said Hoyt's reputation was in trouble, LMAO!!

Mission Accomplished!

Dan
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeanV2
The test was done to prove the Strength of the riser at such a lightweight.

Dan
Uh duh. Dan, I think all of us here figured out the first video what the test was about well before you even woke up and figured out how to run a youtube video. We just came on here to express our views. Why does that bother you so much? Many of us expressed, what would excite us.

You come back explaining hoyt sales, and they don't have reputation problems, and off on tagents all over the place. Telling me they don't need to do a limb test. Well thats your freakin opinion. And its just that. Hoyt can decide what to do or not to do without any of your help. I promise you. In fact, they would fair better without you.

Let me guess, your no longer a bowtech staffer?

Last edited by bigcountryextreme; 02-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

BigBucks95, Nice post and it definitely is a must see for anyone who has not viewed it!

Sorry your post got drug down by naysayers!

One of the customers biggest complaint on Hoyt's for several years has always been the weight. They addressed that with a true innovative riser.

I'm sure they knew many would say it would not hold up, etc., etc so they ran these tests to prove the strength. Job Well Done!!

and Again Thanks for Sharing!!

Dan

Originally Posted by BigBuck95

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.