Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Moultree Game Cams!!!!! >

Moultree Game Cams!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moultree Game Cams!!!!!

Old 07-24-2003, 01:32 PM

Default Moultree Game Cams!!!!!

Moultri Game Cams [:@][:@][:@] I am sick of my moultree game camera. I have had it since christmas and i havn' t got ONE picture of anything. I continuously call them and tell them whats wrong but they can' t help. I wasted my time and money and my film. It takes pictures but when i get them developed it is a picture of nothing. almost like the weeds set if off. But for anyone who is thinking about geting a game camera stay away from the moultriee' s.
Anyone who has a moultrie game cam please give me your input on how you like its performance.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moultree Game Cams!!!!!

I experienced a similar problem with my Trail Timer unit until I figured out that a sapling was setting it off. Once I learned to set it up away from saplings and the like, I had no problems.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I work at Cabelas, and hear a good amt. of feedback on the cams. Most all of it is negative. I' ve tried them and got a few good pictures then they go bad. I don' t reccomend them, try spending a little more money and get something worth your money.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have good luck with my moultrie you do have to pay attention to set up and clear away brush and weeds that may set it off
Old 07-24-2003, 08:09 PM

Deer Cam by Non-Typical has been great for me, it works on heat/motion not just motion so bushes won' t set it off.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a TrailTimer photohunter. It works wonderfully. I have a stack of pictures about a foot high. I' d say there was only 1 roll of film that had more than one miss-fire. That was when the cam was in the sun, I think the heat change set it off. Other than that in my whole stack i probably only have 20 (at most) miss fires. Most all of them are when it' s either raining or snowing.

Plus the batteries last 2-3 months on the trailtimer and it' s only 2 aa' s for the cam and 1 9volt for the unit.

My photohunter has been in the woods nonstop for over 2 years. Unfortunately, the camera just broke.

I just ordered a Leaf-River Trail Scan. I hope that one works as good as the photohunter. It has time and date stamp not just time or date.

Good luck
Old 07-24-2003, 11:07 PM

I like you have had several rolls of NOTHING....Water gets in the thing, anything that moves sets it off. I hate it. When I finally did get a place that was perfectly clear, and I didnt think that anything would set it off......A series of major storms moved through the area, and completely soaked EVERYTHING....Including the film. I would recomend that anyone stay away from them.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a moultrie this past winter myself. So far I must be one of the few thats had good luck with it, and gotten some nice pics. If the units taking pictures of nothing, something must be setting it off. Double check your setup, obviously any branches, weeds in front of it can set it off from wind moving them. It is a motion detector! As far as rain I haven' t had any water get into mine. I did notice closing the unit you have to be careful to get the camera perfectly situated or the lens seal doesn' t seat properly. The camera will be offset inside the housing. I also faced mine away from normal path of on coming weather. I now use mine for camp security, and gotten several pictures of myself. I never even realized it was snapping pictures during the day of me. But I' d rather have a sensitive one to motion, then one that takes alot of movement to work!
I have since bought the new Stealth all green cheaper one, and I can tell this one is made better in construction. I haven' t gotten my first roll of pics back yet to see how it did.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:22 AM

I bought a moultrie last year and initially I loved it. But it all started going down hill quickly. This year I have developed 4 rolls of film and maybe have 5 or 6 deer.

I am very careful regarding the surrounding so that limbs and such don' t set it off, I watch to make sure it' s not facing the rising or setting sun etc.

I actually just mailed the whole unit back to Moultrie and asked for a refund. I' ll let you know what the tell me.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moultree = junk , Just yesterday my friend took his off of a tree , a brand new camera first roll of film and it would not rewind .Same thing as their feeders , they make junk ! I' m glad it was' nt mine , I' ll never buy moultree anything again .

Quick Reply: Moultree Game Cams!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.