Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
camo on a ladder stand >

camo on a ladder stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

camo on a ladder stand

Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Spike

Default camo on a ladder stand

Last year I got picked out very quickly by a nice buck while up in my ladder stand. The area I hunt there is very little cover so I don't have many options of stand placement. I was thinking about wrapping some type of camo netting around the main part of the stand but concerned if that wouldn't look too natural. Also thought about cutting tree limbs and zip tying them to the stand but I did that last year and before long the leaves died and I lost my cover and the dried leaves got noisey.

Have any of you used that netting and found it to be really successful. Any tips?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Spike

I'd like to see some suggestions as well.

I just bought my first tree stand (20' ladder) and the trees that are best located for the stand pretty much stand out by themselves.

I was also thinking about adding some burlap, or polyester(?) camo screen up around the platform & seat area, but need something more natural to conceal the ladder portion. It seems like the most natural cover for that would be to add/replace small pine trees every year. The pine scent would help provide additional cover.

Last edited by Ancient Archer; 01-24-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

find old plastic xmas trees, can drill lil hole in the stand its self, or zip tie...actually, one i dug out of the ground, it had been layin there a year, came out perfectly rusted and looks some what the natural colors from around the area, of course its straight though.
basically you want to brak the pattern so that it doesnt look like a straight pole..so maybe some fake ivy from the craft store, ask the wife...
camo spray paint works great too.