Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Using a Release is "Cheating"? >

Using a Release is "Cheating"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Using a Release is "Cheating"?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Dominant Buck

You didn't happen to say anything to him that elicited that response,...........................did ya?
Old 01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I don't care what other people think. I compete with myself and set my standards higher than most.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do think it's funny that some bow hunters use all the latest gadgets and then turn their noses up at cross bows...

And no, I don't use a release...
Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not cheating - but far easier then shooting fingers.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are always guys that think the more primitive equipment they use that somehow that makes them Elite

I have hunted with Recurves, Compounds shooting both fingers (for 25 years) and release. It's a personal choice and I don't care about anyone's choice unless they carry an attitude around because of it

Just tell him it's a personal choice and let it Go. Sounds like a Moron

Dan
Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

And that's the way it Should be! It's why I won't participate in contests anymore

Dan

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Personally I don't care what other people think. I compete with myself and set my standards higher than most.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pulling a trigger on a bow sounds weird to me. Is It cheating, I don't think so.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Transition I made from shooting fingers to properly working a release was the hardest thing I have ever done in Archery, and I am sure shooting fingers for 25 years before making that switch had a lot to do with it.

Shooting traditional with fingers was Great! Even shooting fingers with compounds for 12 to 14 years was fine, but as compounds got shorter and letoffs got higher it became harder and harder to get a consistent clean release.

I am sure I could shoot my current bow (with a little practice and a good tab) with fingers good enough to harvest game but I really like being as effecient with my Bow as possible, and Murphy's Law seems to always be close by

Dan
Old 01-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't even give him a response,can't argue with stupid people who are closed minded and won't even consider that just because they have a different way at looking at things their way is the only way.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Talking Cheating?

Originally Posted by rlmx
I met a guy who made the statement that using a release is "cheating".

I have a response in mind, but what should I tell (or call) him?

As a matter of fact he says that "hunting" should be with spears.

LOL.
is gun hunting cheating? Gun hunting w/ a scope cheating? Trip wire booby traps cheating? Use of camo, treestands, scent, bait, showers, bino's, does he make his own bows w/ sinew, carve his own arrows, use a manufactured broadhead? It goes on and on. By the way, in Michigan, spear chuk'n IS cheating, it's ILLEGAL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.