Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Still looking for a Product Design Engineer for Bear Archery... >

Still looking for a Product Design Engineer for Bear Archery...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Still looking for a Product Design Engineer for Bear Archery...

Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
HCG
Spike

Default Still looking for a Product Design Engineer for Bear Archery...

An offer was made to one of the guys in the forums, but it did not work out. Here was my original post:

Bear Archery Products is currently seeking new Product Development Engineers – Archery to join their team. Reporting to the Director Product Development, this design leader will work in conjunction with product managers and the sales staff to design compound bows, components and archery accessories to meet the demand from very passionate consumers.

The Product Development Engineer - Archery needs to be passionate about the sport of archery, as well as detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture - while thinking outside the box; driving business by bringing in fresh products every year. Ability to creatively adapt to constant change in bow design: speed, aesthetics, ergonomics etc. and work to meet demands of a 9-12 month product cycle is critical.

The Product Development Engineer - Archery will design and develop quality products to ensure Bear Archery continues bringing quality products that perform well above the price and places Bear Archery as the #1 provider of Archery products and accessories.

The ideal candidate will possess some of the following:

• Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience
• 2-5 years of design experience, preferably in archery or other outdoor / hunting related verticals
• A demonstrated passion for outdoor pursuits, as well as at least an appreciation for hunting are required
• Must have a strong technical / creative background in design and manufacturing
• Well developed skills in Solid Works or equivalent CAD software
• Solid knowledge of and experience in bringing things to production

Please PM if you are interested or know someone who is.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM
HCG
Spike

Anyone? It's a great opportunity for the right person.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
HCG
Spike

Also, if you or someone you know is an engineer/designer and does not necessarily design bows, but works with sporting goods items (guns, reels, etc...) really anything with moving parts and are passionate about bows and bowhunting, I would still urge you to PM me. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Spike

Default Archery design engineer

Please tell me this opportunity is still available?! This sounds like my dream job and I have the required engineering and related experience. Let me know if it is available and what I need to do. Thanks for the help!

Thanks,
Richard
Old 02-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im no engineer and love fred bear bows, but what i do want to tell you is you got to come up with better names for your bows.
they really are stooopid.
done deal
home wrecker
truth
to name a few.