Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Are bloodrunners good? >

Are bloodrunners good?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are bloodrunners good?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are bloodrunners good?

Someone showed me bloodrunners as a broadhead, said they really liked them. I was thinking rage broadheads. That's what another friend said he likes. Are bloodrunners good? If they are can you give me a scale from 1 to 10 on how good you think they are and how much you like them? I'd appriciate it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should work

I have no doubt any of the new broadheads, on the market, work. The manufacturers have to spend too much time checking on the efficiency before they sell them to the general market.
Both bloodrunner and rage seem effective. A little more engineering, more marginal effectiveness and good appeal to the newbie archers.

I'd only warn a newbie to check the working of each arrow broadhead before they hunt. It's not uncommon, for individuals, to foul up the operation of a mechanical tool-even a mechanical broadhead.

The problem really comes from newbie hunters with little experience, who needs the added confidence in a more effective tool. Good shooters make good harvests. It often comes down to practice, training and confidence, which effective broadhead the archer uses. Or can still obtain. Markets do change rapidly in archery. Sometimes the only reason I study them.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

While the Rage is no doubt a popular broadhead and would get the job done. I'd take the Bloodrunner for a couple of reasons.

One NAP has a great reputation for making a solid built broadhead and two I'd prefer 3 blades cutting over 2

Dan
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Any of them will work if you hit the vitals. That's what matters. Some mechanicals are better than others at penetration if you're off target and hit bone. Not exactly sure where the BR fits in there, but just looking at them, it seems to me that the fat ferule (center part where the blades are connected) would decrease your penetration. I've thought about using them, but would only use them (like any broadhead really LOL) when I knew I had a really good shot.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, how good are they with wind? Like does the wind slow the arrow down or are the blades in. I used Thunderhead blades th is year and didn't really like them and used Muzzy's 4 blades and the wind really messed those up. Lotta wind drag, is that pretty low with the bloodrunners?