Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Mathews Z7 Xtreme Review - with pros/cons, pics, technologies, prices, comparisons... >

Mathews Z7 Xtreme Review - with pros/cons, pics, technologies, prices, comparisons...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Z7 Xtreme Review - with pros/cons, pics, technologies, prices, comparisons...

Old 01-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Spike

Default Mathews Z7 Xtreme Review - with pros/cons, pics, technologies, prices, comparisons...

Guys,

Here is our review of the Mathews Z7 Xtreme.

Here is what is in the review:

- pros/cons
- components & technologies
- differences with 2010 Mathews technologies
- shootability
- specs
- prices
- full gallery
- etc.

This is the first time we used pictures inside a review. All pics have descriptions and can be enlarged by clicking on them - hope this make the review better.

Please read the review and provide your feedback in this thread (don't forget to check out the specs, gallery, prices using the top navigation panel). Do you like it? Hate it? What could be done better?

Dave
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best place to purchase = EBay????? Really??? Pay $700 for a bow with no warranty or customer service back up or set up when you can pay a bit more and get the full monty.... no way.

Since you asked for critical feedback... I'll provide it.

I am suprised that you only found one negative with the bow.... and that negative being that the cam is draw length specific (that is a matter of opinion of course) you then contradicted yourself in your write up....

While this is not a very flexible design in terms of adjustability, it allows for delivering optimal performance for individual draw lengths. If you decide to get this bow, be sure to order it with the right cam for your draw length. In any case getting a new cam for your specific draw length should not be a problem at all.

Its good information, but I don't think its a negative unless you are buying this bow for a growing kid or a new archer. If you are buying a bow with a $900 MSRP for a kid... then you probably are not at all concerned with having to spring another $80 for the next cam down the chart. The only time this is an issue is with someone purchasing a used bow.

On the where to buy page... don't ever recommend a used bow when you are doing a new bow review... seems kinda counter productive doesn't it? Get in contact with mathews and link up to their dealer network... I'm sure you can figure out how to attach a data box on your site to access their dealer finder and they would likely be happy to have you. As you (hopefully) know, you can't buy pro-series bows from any of the big makers online... so the best that you can hope for is to link a potential customer up with a good local pro shop... you will be doing both of them a favor. Only other option is the use the link yourself and burn the phone line up and get a good average from mathews dealers across the country... you'll find a few selling a just barely any profit and plenty for full sticker.

I think that you should be more critical. Frankly I really like the bow too... so I see where you are coming from, but I notice that all the good movies in the critics column (unless they are just redone classics with cleaned up effects) never seem to get four stars.... critics should be critical. Tell us about how the camo dip finish is too thick and the T5 quiver mount won't sit down flush without sanding or scraping some of it away. Comment on how bad (and bad looking) monkey tails are. Twirk the cam way out of rotation and see if it still shoots even decently well (a good indicator of how maintence free a bow will be). Run it through the ringer.

I want to see real solid speed results. Shoot the thing from under IBO right slam up to a 500gr arrow. Show me a draw force curve.

I really like the idea you have, and I like the website layout... good stuff... but the info you are providing isn't all that groundbreaking. Its stuff I can get on Mathews website or from just about any other cookie cutter bow review.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
Best place to purchase = EBay????? Really??? Pay $700 for a bow with no warranty or customer service back up or set up when you can pay a bit more and get the full monty.... no way.

Since you asked for critical feedback... I'll provide it.

I am suprised that you only found one negative with the bow.... and that negative being that the cam is draw length specific (that is a matter of opinion of course) you then contradicted yourself in your write up....

Its good information, but I don't think its a negative unless you are buying this bow for a growing kid or a new archer. If you are buying a bow with a $900 MSRP for a kid... then you probably are not at all concerned with having to spring another $80 for the next cam down the chart. The only time this is an issue is with someone purchasing a used bow.

On the where to buy page... don't ever recommend a used bow when you are doing a new bow review... seems kinda counter productive doesn't it? Get in contact with mathews and link up to their dealer network... I'm sure you can figure out how to attach a data box on your site to access their dealer finder and they would likely be happy to have you. As you (hopefully) know, you can't buy pro-series bows from any of the big makers online... so the best that you can hope for is to link a potential customer up with a good local pro shop... you will be doing both of them a favor. Only other option is the use the link yourself and burn the phone line up and get a good average from mathews dealers across the country... you'll find a few selling a just barely any profit and plenty for full sticker.

I think that you should be more critical. Frankly I really like the bow too... so I see where you are coming from, but I notice that all the good movies in the critics column (unless they are just redone classics with cleaned up effects) never seem to get four stars.... critics should be critical. Tell us about how the camo dip finish is too thick and the T5 quiver mount won't sit down flush without sanding or scraping some of it away. Comment on how bad (and bad looking) monkey tails are. Twirk the cam way out of rotation and see if it still shoots even decently well (a good indicator of how maintence free a bow will be). Run it through the ringer.

I want to see real solid speed results. Shoot the thing from under IBO right slam up to a 500gr arrow. Show me a draw force curve.

I really like the idea you have, and I like the website layout... good stuff... but the info you are providing isn't all that groundbreaking. Its stuff I can get on Mathews website or from just about any other cookie cutter bow review.
Thanks for your feedback buddy. Helpful. By the way, consumers can add their reviews as well so that it's not only our opinion.

Anyone else?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hmm..warranty are still with bows that you pay for ebay. I bought a Bowtech one time and the people that sell the bow have no idea if you bought the bow 1st or not. Replaced limbs and cams. Cmon really??????? Ebay is great.