Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Can anyone give me some info on this bow? >

Can anyone give me some info on this bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can anyone give me some info on this bow?

Old 01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Spike

Default Can anyone give me some info on this bow?

Hi all,
I'm about as green as it gets when it comes to compound archery. I've been given a bow by my brother, who is just as green. I've been searching the internet for some time, but haven't been able to get any details. It's a Browning Buckmaster, and I'm assuming the model number is HBTOA. It looks like it needs a new string, but beyond that I don't know. Physically, it looks to be in really good shape. Is this a decent bow? Any details you can give me are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Larko
Old 01-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Spike

Buckmaster is a bear jennings bow i believe.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Spike

Your best bet would be just to take it to your local pro shop and get there opinion. they will be able to check the bow out and tell you if it will work for you or not.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

If memory serves me correct I think Browning did make a model called Buckmaster. If it's the one I am thinking of it is several years old. I'm sure if it was checked out and a new string installed it would be fine to start shooting and see if the Archery bug bites you. Make sure the draw length fits you. There is nothing more discouraging than trying to shoot a bow that does not fit you.

Caution! If it does bite you'll probably move up to a later model bow pretty quick.

Good Luck! Most of all have Fun!

Dan