Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2010 Bow Kill

Old 01-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck... congrats
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Nice.......
Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Well it was the day before kentuckys modern gun season which was november 11th. had hunted the last few days and seen 9 good solid shooter bucks chasing does. it was diffenly the peak of the rut that week i had off of work to hunt. so i set out that morning it wasnt to chilly out but it was in its ways.. not much wind was blowing. but anyway at day break i had some turkeys on roost about 100 yards away so i started playing with them i didnt have a call with me so i started yelping with just my natural voice. i guess it sounded good enough because at pitch down time they flew directly to me and i smacked on with the mathews.. Then about oh 30 min later after things settled a little i turned around to see a doe running full speed and a nice 8 hot on her trail.. they ran directly under my stand. my camera man jus looked at me like uhhhh what just happened. never could even get his attention all he had on his mind was love. so we settled back in and about 8 oclock i caught somehting out of the corner of my eye and it was this bad boy not 15 yards from my tree.. i never took my eyes off of him i slowly reached for my bow and grabbed it and then proceed to wait because i couldnt shoot because i had a camera arm in the way. we had two cameras fliming this. anyway the buck had to walk 5 yards from my tree and walk past me before i could draw on him. i bleated and he stoped quatering away hard. i tucked that beman right behind that last rip and watched him fall about 40 yards from the stand. it was awseome. one of the best mornings iv had in the woods.. so the name of the buck is Ghost because he honestly came out of nowere. thats what i love about bowhunting..
he scored a 129 not bad for a 7 point.. already got him back from the taxedrmist and hes on the wall
Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Buck! Congrats on the harvest!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice, CONGRATS!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on an awesome buck!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck, congrats.