Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New to bowhunting >

New to bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to bowhunting

Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Spike

Default New to bowhunting

I've hunted whitetails with a rifle for years now, but am looking to get into bowhunting. Don't have a whole lot of $$ to spend...looking to find a set up for around/under $200.

Anybody have any recommendations on entry level used bows to look for, where to look, etc?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

WarEagle86, It is going to be tough finding a complete Bow setup for $200. I think if you try some bows at a proshop then see what you like. Then check out craigs list and ebay or your local classifieds. you might want to check out local archery ranges. You might find a deal. Good luck to you.

CVG Ohio
Old 12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

closest thing would be the bear charge 400$ set up or 300$ alone, you could buy it alone and make out only spending 50$ extra or less
Old 12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

I understand that times are rough but only spending what your will to spend will only get you a older bow that's outdated and may not perform to your liking or cause you to get frustrated and give up. I've been to my local pro-shop several times and found 1-3yr old bows that were ready to hunt for $400-600.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I figured that would be the case; that $200 would be on the extreme low-end. I didn't want to sink a whole lot into it not knowing how I'll like it, but I may just have to bite the bullet and get something worth my while.

I'll head to my local spot and try out the Bear Charge. Anyone heard good things about the Parker Blazer?

Again, thanks for all the help!